• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What if they ban lead?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Der Fett' Deutscher ,

I have to agree with you. I have reached an age where I can look back and see how many things "they will never let that happen" that have happened.

This country is being controlled by the most vocal and I'm afraid we are not part of that group.

The general populace now depend on the government to protect them and therefore us from anything that may bring harm instead of trying to protect ourselves through the use of common sense.

It's very sad.

Don R

I'd like to see where the evidence came from about the DDT not being harmful. Bring out the info. on that statement.

Best advice I can give ya is ,stock up what ya can afford, hide the biggest portion, learn all ya can, and the most important keep the whereabouts to your self.
Halfstock (an old Hillbilly Okla fart)

"People need to wake up and smell the coffee..."

Dont worry coffee will be banned after smoking!

Thanks,
Mark C. Foster
Flint, Mi

Der Fett' Deutscher You are correct! That was the kind of reaction I was hoping for. I know what it is like out there. I wish it was different but it sadly is not. I can only hope and pray that we can wake enough people up before it is way too late. Thank you for saying what needs to be said. :hatsoff:

Elkinde said:
I'd like to see where the evidence came from about the DDT not being harmful. Bring out the info. on that statement.
[url] http://www.google.com[/url].my/search?hl=en&q=ddt+had+a+bad+rap&meta=

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching the History, or Discover, chanel the other night and they had a piece on about bullets. One of the items mentiond was that the US military is actively in the process of replacing led with some sort of composite material that is just as effective - though undoubetly more expensive. As part of the piece, they said that many private ranges and gun clubs were being shut down due to lead contamination. I suppose that it is only a matter of time and with the new Congrsss just being sworn in the other day - I belive that time is now. Hoarding led, or developing other schemes through which to procure it, is not going to help if it is illegal. Some sort of replacement is needed or we can make plans to use these guns as fence posts. I guess that the bottom line will be that metalic shooters and shotgunners will have an easier time because research for lead replacement for the shooting community will probably focus on their needs. Frontstuffers, on the other hand, are probably in for a rough ride. As for the anti-gun bunch.... We did not hear from them in the mid terms that were just held because they learnd to keep their mouths shut. Stand by - we are going to be hearing from them now that their base is in power.

That is what scared me the most about the election. I also just have to say that we used lead free ammo for training when I was in. That stuff was garbage. We had a substantial increase in weapons jamming and not wanting to feed at the range. Not to mention that ammo made it harder to clean our weapons afterward. I myself am just going to stockpile lead and learn to roll my own.

The nanny state is now here upon us, and the head nanny is now leader of the congress critters.

The PC idiots are striving for a risk free America, and they will be the downfall of us all.

Buckle up boys and girls, a rough ride is forthcoming, I truly fear for the future of America.

I share your concern as do likely many another here. Is there any thought that maybe since we shoot BP guns, most all replicas if not actual antiques, that some sort of 'grandfather' clause maybe will figure in? After all, any firearm made before around 1890 is not NFA regulated. Any thoughts here? Any legal eagles that can weigh in here?

dodgecity said:
I've got a lifetime supply. Could care less about what rules the libs make. I'm going to do my own thing. The neo marxist dorks concerned about lead and the environment are the same ones who stopped the use of ddt. Now we learn from real science that ddt is not harmful, but, millions have died in the meantime from malaria in order to further the environmental wackos' political ajenda. The environmental movement is not about the environment, it's about control.

I'm not a big fan of extreamenviornmentalism but you are way!!! off base about DDT. I did a paper in collage on DDT before and after the ban. If DDT had not been baned when it was we would not have raptors today. A good example, migritory hawks that fly to south american countries that use forms of pestcides that mirror DDT are on a huge dicline. And where our government uses an extream type of roundup on farmers who are suspected coco growers are now the victoms of an increased amount of birth defect cancer and other illnesses.
:shake:

as for banning lead... well I have a few lbs of pure lead, enough for my lifetime and my childern's life time. What will suck is if they ban lead balls for big game hunting ,it will make all us PRB huckers outlaws cuz I ain't quittin' huntin'

:hatsoff:

I sure do agree with Greenmtnboy about DDT and chemical farming. I am not wanting to give up hunting either. I don't own a gun, that is new enough to use non-toxic projectiles other than Bismuth.

If you think pyrodox pellets are expensive, just wait until you price bismuth. :surrender:

Lead is not the problem first thought, and that is what is killing the anti=-gun movement from pushing these changes. Lead easily and quickly combines with iron, and calcium, two of the most common elements found in soils, to form oxides that completely coat the lead, and insulate it from contaminating anything, including water. If something were to knock of some of the oxide, the lead will quickly form a new oxide to replace what has been lost. Its this ability of lead to oxidize so easily with so many minerals that makes it much safer than any laboratory examination of lead can conclude. Now, Lead paint is different, but since that paint has not been sold since the 1960s at the latest, only a few very old homes still have any surfaces that contain lead based paints on them. If a home buyer wants to finance the home thru a VA loan, or FHA loan, a lead inspection report is required. We see very few homes these days that still have lead based paints that have to be removed before the sale goes through. It was the eating of the pain by infant children being ignored by parents that lead to the concern about lead in the environment.

Glen Sanderson's faulty preliminary findings for his PHD thesis on Duck Mortality, which lead to the passing of the Lead Shot bans for migratory waterfowl were later challenged by Glen himself. There is no scientific justification for banning lead in shot, or bullets, for all the reasons stated.

I been reading the concern about lead and agree. Not to hijack the thread but Blackpowder will be outlawed before lead. If you look around can you buy it off the shelf anymore, the nearest supply is 4 hours away. I was told that this was the last shipment and out of business.
This is fron the ATF site, this is why they don't have to regulate lead. The ATF licenses manufacturers and sellers of black powder, an explosive commonly used in muzzle-loading firearms. However, other than requiring that purchasers be at least 21 years old, the ATF has no authority to regulate sales of less than 50 pounds of black powder. Because black powder is relatively inexpensive (between $5 and $15 per pound),it is the most common explosive used in pipe bombs.

Elkinde said:
http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chemical.jsp?Rec_Id=PC33482

Check it out. It's POISON. And extremely so.

So is H2o, if one inhales it in sufficient quanity

Latest posts

Back