• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what is everyone shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now, ahm feeling a mite sorry for you folks. Sounds like many are shootin' battlefield pickups, hand-me-downs, rock crunchers and barls with the riflin' shot plum out. Thas alright now; if twas me ah'd be prouda them too. A man shoots what he gots. Still, ah woulda 'spected better of this august company. :shake:

Now ah don't means to brag nor hurt no feelins, but let me show y'all how it's done. Ah is 'specially proud of the furst 3 as they are stocked in TC's A+++ super fancy grade of curly Rynite finished in dark black:
.50 TC Greyhawk
.50 TC Black Mountain Magnum
.50 TC Black Diamond
Now ah knows some will have issues with that last entry, but not a peep now. That Diamond thingy got me started in all this.
.50 TC Hawken going together from parts
.54 TC Hawken with GM RB Barl
.54 TC Renegade
.32 TC Cherokee with glued together stock
.36 TC Seneca - the Queen of the Prom
TC System One with a full set of barls: .32-.58 plus 12 ga.
---All supported by Merica's finest company, TC.
In addition they's a:
.54 Lyman GPR
.50 Cabela Carbine
.50 Lyman pistoly gun whut hain't been shot yet

Ah knows, ah knows, fortune has been unusually kind to me. Now if fortune would jest find me the time to shoot 'em all.... :rotf:
Bob

P.S. Ah knows, ah knows; ah should seek professional help. :youcrazy:

TC PA Hunter with .495 Hornady and Crisco lubed red stripe pillow tick over 80 grains of 2f Goex.
After all this time messing with this rifle I finally found it's secret. The barrel has to be very, very clean and it will shoot lights out.

1841 rifle was .58 had it relined by hoyt to .54 1-48 shoots ball and mini very good

1803 harpers ferry flint it is an eary .58 i want to get it relined to .54

.50 cal layman gpr also have a .40 cal hoyt barrel for it. also have a .50 planes pistol to match it.

2 .45 cal underhammers one with a heavy barrel and the other with a standard barrel.

one of the singel shot pistols that have a covered wagon engraved on one side. that has a hoyt .45 barrel on it.

2 remingtons in .36 2 in .44
second dragoon .44
2 60 army colts in .44
1 baby dragoon in .31
2 original pa. half stocks 1 in .36 the other in .38

.54 Custom tennesee flint rifle by R. Wooley
.50 Issac Haines flint by Brian Turner
.54 GPR kit cap by me
.54 flint smooth rifle by L Williams
.50 Browning Mt. rifle cap
.62 Wilsons Trade gun flint Caywoods

And a pair each Uberti 3rd mdl. Dragoons
Pietta 61 Navies
Pietta 51 Navies

My list isn't as long as some here.
Original 3 band Enfield musket
Euroarms 1803 Harper's Ferry 54 cal.
TC cap lock with GM 54 barrel.
Custom 45 cal Lancaster style flint Rifle
Custom 40 cal Bedford style cap lock Rifle
Custom 45 cal smooth bore flint pistol
Traditions 50 cal pistol
Tower style 69 cal pistol
2 1860 Colt revolvers
Traditions 45 cal cap lock rifle

50 cal Charles Daley Hawken 1:60 PRB only(+++)perfect PRB rifle for me.
54 cal T/C Renagade 1:48 still working on the load

Well I have been shooting the 50 GPR with the 23" barrel, it is my primary hunter for years.

Sold or traded off a Pietta Army, Pietta Navy, 50 GPR perc., 50 GPR flint. This leaves me with my little GPR, a Navy Colt, a New Model Army, and a 54 GPR pistol.

Ooops, can't forget the new gun, 45 cal. Kentucky rifle supposed to have been made in the mid 50's by Russ Hamm. Beautiful gun weighing in at 12.5 lbs. don't really care who made it.

Tommorrow, to the range. The Kentucky will be moved up to the primary shooter as soon as a load is worked up. Hogs and turkeys just better watch out.

how do you like the 1803 harpers ferry? how is the accuracy? your favorite load? ARE THE SIGHTS USABLE?

2 Lyman 54 cal GPR percussion
Lyman 54 cal GPR flint
Cabelas 54 CAL HAWKIN percussion
Cabelas 50 cal HAWKIN percussion
2 50 cal percussion pistols
NW Trade gun on the way

Heys Guys
Well here goes
a 1963 CVA 50 cal. Penn rifle, cap
a pedersoli Brown bess
a 45 cal. Pedersoli flint kentucky
a Navy arms percusion double fowler 12 Guage
an orginal Canada walker fowler
building two 45 cal long rifles pre 1776, and a Pistor Jaeger in 62 cal. from the rifle shoppe (don't ask)... :surrender:
awesome to own these Gee want more guys I want more... :rotf:
:hatsoff: My best regards Loyalistdawg

Got a Thompson Hawken 50 cal. with green mountain replacement barrel. Traditions Shenandoah .50 cal both are percussion

pedersoli .54 tryon plains rifle and .50 rason plains rifle.
bernie :grin:
40a16fba.jpg

100_4422.jpg

I always have the utmost respect for the one rifle guy...seems like there's an old quote
Beware of the guy with one rifle for he prolly knows how to shoot it well

Back