• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is you hunting plans?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron,
Well for now I guess I will wait for squirrel
season to come in on Sept 1st.(ASMS) Then wait for dear season on Nov 27th.
Good luck to all no matter the game you may be trying to harvest.
snake-eyes :)

I put in for an antreless tag draw for where I live(Meens I can take a buck or doe) Put in for a moose tag(Bull or cow) every one can hunt calves, This is for up north near Espanoia Just west of the Spanish River. Me and some buddies are apliying for a controled Deer hunt with Muzzel Loader for the first week of December In a park just east of Geogian Bay. I might get out for ducks opening day in September. I usaly pick up a bear tag just incase I see one through moose or deer seasion. F.K.

Well. Unless someone in our group gets drawn for a NH, VT or ME moose permit, it will be the usual.

Connecticut archery and rifle season.

Massachusetts archery, shotgun and muzzleloader season

Possibly Rhode Island archery and muzzleloader. I may have permission on a decent peice of private land in the Ocean State.So that may add some time and deer to the season.

snake-eyes said:
roundball,
Wow! What does that license run you. Sounds like a great bargain to me. What do you think considering the fees in other states. I assume the state must have the game to support the license fees :hmm:
snake-eyes :)
It's an outstanding deal at only $40/year...also includes all small game, plus all statewide fishing, and access to all state game lands

So having a own hunting ground I have to fullfill my roe shooting plan. That is 33 roes per year. I do it together with my 5 hunting colleges. Further more I'm planing a hunting trip to CA where i will hunt feral hogs with grey whiskers. Finally a drive hunt is planned in november in my hunting ground.

So much to do and to hunt.

Kirrmeister

No, because at that day not every game is allowed to be taken.

Regards.

Kirrmeister

If I can ever get out I'm certainly doing some squirrel hunting. I'm also planning on deer this fall but that's a little less certain.

I've got some deer here in the back woods-lot I'm gonna check on later for horns, a buddy in WV has deer all over the place in his farm and want's me to come up again(with my '06- for big horns hopefully) and another buddy in SC w/farm want's me to come down after feral hogs, a relative in Ga. want's me to come down to their spread to get deer 'tearing up the place' - I'm gonna have to get a bigger freezer or find some hungry people

Plan to by-pass deer season this year for a couple reasons. BUT will do more of other hunting. Will do some M/L hog hunting, hopefully with Kirrmiester. Will give fall turkey and squirrel seasons a try with M/L. After trying out a percussion 10 gauge d/barrel I'm hooked. :grin: GW

brother, dad and i drew our doe tags. 3 does! Im hopefully going to put in for a left over buck tag and maybe a bull tag. Only 3 months to go before we're all waking up at the butt crack of dawn and freezing our rearends off! :rotf:

Blizzard of '93 said:
I've got some deer here in the back woods-lot I'm gonna check on later for horns, a buddy in WV has deer all over the place in his farm and want's me to come up again(with my '06- for big horns hopefully) and another buddy in SC w/farm want's me to come down after feral hogs, a relative in Ga. want's me to come down to their spread to get deer 'tearing up the place' - I'm gonna have to get a bigger freezer or find some hungry people

Having a bad time this year with the whitetail in the garden. They're eating everything and if they don't stop I'll be eating them.

It won't come soon enough. It's almost like waiting for Christmas when you'r a kid. F.K.

:shocked2: Wow. I thought we had it pretty good here in Texas -- up to five deer, depending on the county. If I were a few years younger, I would move to North Carolina :winking:

Although I have messed around with precussion muzzleloaders for some time, I have never had much interest in hunting with them. But, I got my first flintlock a few weeks back, and plan to take at least one deer with it next season. The challenge is appealing.

Those are small numbers, here in Maryland just for the muzzleloader season in my zone we can take 2 Whitetail bucks and 10 WT does, plus a sika stag and hind. Other, far western zone you can get a few more whitetails. And the same limits are available for firearms season, during which you can use a BP gun as well. Oh yeah, same limits for bow if you hunt with that. And separate sika limits over on the coast at the National Seashore. Glad we have a venison donation program! :grin:

I'm going for a few whitetails, all the sika I can get, put in for a bear tag, too. Going to use the .54 caplock again this year after a few away from it, unless I can get a flint and get it shooting good by fall. Hanging up and likley selling the modern muzzleloader.

I live in Alaska. I am going for moose, caribou and black bear in September with my .54 Caliber Hawken rifle. I am going to Kodiak with my .50 caliber T/C Encore for blacktail deer in November.

I'll start off in Sept. with bow either in Kentucky, Ga. or Fla...will hunt Fla. bow for sure, then go to Illinois for a couple wks bow hunting in Shawnee late Oct. into early Nov.
Back to Fla. for about 3 months of deer and hog hunting with flintlocks. Also got two good quota hunts in Fla. I was drawn for..will use .58cal. flintlock on them also.

Back