• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What movie would you like to see made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read both books and enjoyed them. I'm thinking The Captives might push an R rating close to X :wink:

I think that Raquel Welch movie was Hannah Calder not sure I was still a teenager when I saw it................watch yer top knot..................

Follow The River. I had forgotten that one. Good movie I blieve the book was written by James Alexander Thom? It is a completely different book based on real people.

A really good Rev War movie, ie: based on true historical facts and figures. 1776 would make a good mini-series if they followed the book.

Gentlemen,
I would LOVE to see a good movie on Capt. Quantrell. Not the yankee propaganda, but focusing on his bravery (really- the things he did were amazing) and his love story with Kate.
If it were done right (i.e not a murderous mad mad) it would have everything- EXITEMENT, intrigue, romance...
It'll never happen. The yanks will always portray him one way and they don't want us thinking we should govern ourselves.
Still, it would be a great movie.
David

The Frontiersman has my vote as well! Not sure where they could film it at..but if it was done correctly it would be an AWSOME movie.Simon Kenton is one my favorite historical figures. It's never really said how tall he was or how much he weighed...i'm guessing he was a brute. Does anyone know what become of his possibles bag..or his flintlock..or any other personal posessions? Just curious about that.Also would like to see a re-make of the "Mountain Men" if it were done right. I enjoyed the original...just would like to see and updated version.
I would also like to see a movie about the Shawnee Indian tribe. For some reason I don't think a movie has ever been made about Tecumseh, Blue Jacket or Chief Blackhoof and they're rarely mentioned in any Native American based film..why is that? Those Shawnee leaders I mentioned played a HUGE part of American history...and yet they are vaguely mentioned in History books, left out almost completely in films and if one wants to learn about them you have to do some serious digging in the library, or some digging on the web.Anyhow I welcome any comments...

I hadn't really thought of it. But you are right a good movie about Techumse would be great. He was a great leader after all and warrior. TnT did one a few years ago now that I think about it. Maybe someone else will recall the exact name. There was one about Chief Joseph Brandt and one on Geronimo as well.

My votes:

Long Knife by Thom
Frontiersman by Eckert
Titus Bass series by Terry Johnston
Undaunted Courage by Ambose

And maybe a remake of the Horatio Hornblower movie or another of the books

Rick

Thankyou very much. Yes that is my fireplace with one of my rifles over it and a small part of my collection of stuff.

The frontiersman would make a fantastic and interesting movie. The museum in Xenia, Ohio has a rifle of simon Kentons ( they claim), also a wooden chair from his cabin that was located just north of springfield on hwy 68. Urbana has eye glasses, snuff can, and other small items that belonged to him, in their historical society. He was buried in Zanesfield, but later moved in the 1860's to his resting place in Urbana now.

Terry C. Johnson gets my vote for the Titus Bass series. Carry the Wind is my favorite. Also his books on the Indian wars following Sheamus Donagan. His description of the Fetterman massacre was great, but I believe the Sand Bar and Wagon Box battles are my favorite.
IMHO I would like to see a remake of True Grit and put some effort into it this time. The actors were great but the screenplay was awful. Stay true to the book. The story really doesn't need any help.

rdillion said:
I would like to see a remake of True Grit and put some effort into it this time. The actors were great but the screenplay was awful. Stay true to the book. The story really doesn't need any help.

I've heard really good things about the recent remake with Jeff Bridges (yeah, I shuddered too when I first heard that). Have you seen it? How does it do?

Hard to imagine anyone but the Duke as ole Rooster...

Homesteader said:
rdillion said:
I would like to see a remake of True Grit and put some effort into it this time. The actors were great but the screenplay was awful. Stay true to the book. The story really doesn't need any help.

I've heard really good things about the recent remake with Jeff Bridges (yeah, I shuddered too when I first heard that). Have you seen it? How does it do?

Hard to imagine anyone but the Duke as ole Rooster...

You'll get a dozen or so opinions on that one: http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/253005/

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back