• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving a little slow today, but I got a plug turned for the powder horn. Ended up using a piece of Sycamore thatā€™s been sitting a couple of years. The wood works good. Still have to turn the stopper.
That is gonna look nice when doneTDM you well have to take a picture of it hung over your shoulder.

Moving a little slow today, but I got a plug turned for the powder horn. Ended up using a piece of Sycamore thatā€™s been sitting a couple of years. The wood works good. Still have to turn the stopper.
Let me know when it's done and I'll get payment sent right away! šŸ˜‚ :ghostly:

All kidding aside, that horn is looking better and better each time you show it.šŸ‘

Well, I went a head and turned a Crepe Myrtle stopper. Looks decent, but I took a little too much wood off even though I was measuring with calipers. Iā€™ll make another tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_2962.jpeg
    IMG_2962.jpeg
    2.2 MB
  • IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    1.9 MB
Interesting, is the protrusion at the top intentional or a result of the process?
It's intentional as a decorative thing. I'm going to school for 3D design, so I'm very much stumbling my way through the software. I wanted it to be a pointed hook but couldn't figure out how to cut that bit out properly. Version 2 will have that and a longer lower hook when I get around to it šŸ˜†

It's intentional as a decorative thing. I'm going to school for 3D design, so I'm very much stumbling my way through the software. I wanted it to be a pointed hook but couldn't figure out how to cut that bit out properly. Version 2 will have that and a longer lower hook when I get around to it šŸ˜†
Be careful making a pointed object that will invariably scratch the gun when placing or removing. The design looks šŸ‘

spent the morning pouring a pewter nose cap on my Cherry Cherry build. anyone remember Neil Diamond besides me?
anyway. i made my dam and set it up. poured a perfect cap, perfect except for the fact i had forgotten any relief and anchor points. it kinda fell off when i started filing.:doh:
relieved and bored some anchor points and poured again. bingo.
after lunch i went to the mail box and picked up the box of four locks i bought from Charlesk. now i have the rest of the year covered with parts, except for smalls like underribs and sideplates. Oh yeah would help to have a few stock blanks too!

Attachments

• 20231113_103457.jpg
    20231113_103457.jpg
    1.9 MB
  • 20231113_103539.jpg
    20231113_103539.jpg
    2 MB
  • 20231113_103545.jpg
    20231113_103545.jpg
    1.8 MB
  • 20231113_103631.jpg
    20231113_103631.jpg