• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and the bits for my next two projects came today: horn roll and spout for an easier to hide (i.e. fit in a little more even though it's not period) priming flask and all the fixings for a powderhorn.

Big shout out to Gerry on the bits....they look awesome.

1000003801.jpg

At least you both have a bit of dedicated space! For most of what I've done on my Colonial, I've gone down to the spare bedroom / craft room / food storage room / furnace room / miscellaneous "dump it here" room, thrown a blanket over the bed and hoped to heck that I could get away with things without a proper vise set-up! (Other than the masking for the sideplate etching that required the iron, so I did that on the stove...and the stock oiling, which I did in the basement shower stall in case I dripped Tung oil.) :D

Still, between the great product Jim puts out, my educational background and everything I've had to do to make things work with my job over the years, I think I've had a pretty good collection of skills to bring to bear...so hopefully that means I'll be able to have this beast ready for the range shortly (depending on the "honey-do" list ;) ). I might not be a professional gunsmith, but I'm thinking it's turning out reasonably well for a first attempt :D
I do my gunsmithing in my bathroom, put a large cutting board over the sink.

Yesterday I re-fitted the hand assembly in one of the three Colt 1849 Pockets I own; just got this one and the hand that was in it was too long, the wrong shape, and the spring was bad, so the cylinder would not revolve.

Works great now.

All in my bathroom…
C49120B1-8142-45B8-89D8-06DA3C0A03D4.jpeg

Last edited:
I published two new rifles on my blog. www.brice stultzhisblog.blogspot.com I left the space in to prevent a hyperlink You have to type or copy and paste it in. Google won't let links from this site work. Says it is unsafe. Something about the certificates. Over my head anyway.

Last edited:

Yesterday I re-fitted the hand assembly in one of the three Colt 1849 Pockets I own; just got this one and the hand that was in it was too long, the wrong shape, and the spring was bad, so the cylinder would not revolve.

Works great now.

All in my bathroom…View attachment 331811

Well 💩🚽
I wish I’d thought about that..👍

Works great now.

All in my bathroom…

Noice! I don't have enough counter space in the downstairs bathroom for working on a longrifle (but the stall is useful), so perhaps when I'm rich and famous I can "set up shop" a bit more properly in the spare room. ;)

I published two new rifles on my blog. www.brice stultzhisblog.blogsot.com You have to type it in. Google won't let links from this site work. Says it is unsafe. Something about the certificates. Over my head anyway.
I had no problem getting there. I copied and pasted the URL and then cleared the space between brice and stul.......

Noice! I don't have enough counter space in the downstairs bathroom for working on a longrifle (but the stall is useful), so perhaps when I'm rich and famous I can "set up shop" a bit more properly in the spare room. ;)

Problem solved….
Buy a larger cutting board that fits over the tub….

86B7A4A4-E2DE-4194-A36B-6DF6E02A7541.jpeg

👍😎

Not as good as many here are capable of but I’m new to flintlock!;-) At least that my current excuse! I burned some powder in my 45 cal poor boy! 25 yards of hand. Except the one shot in the bulls eye was 37 yards with shooting sticks.
West and did some practice shooting tonight am happy with results and especially the amount of shot I used .enjoy and feel free to give your 2 cents worth always open to suggestions and opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Works great now.

All in my bathroom…View attachment 331811
great! just a thought. I would find a magnet and put it atop the stopper in the sink. I just know i would manage to lose that tiniest and hardest to replace part down the drain.

Back