• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started to work on my Investarm Bridger Hawken. She’s going on a diet and getting a face lift. Parts are on order from Track. I dislike the pattern on the lock, so I got rid of it. I dislike the manifesto they print on the barrel, so I got rid of it. I started shaping on the stock at the butt. Took out the fish belly and played with cheek rest and comb. I’m adding a toe plate when it gets here from Track so will finalize the butt once the toe plate is installed.

Attachments

• IMG_6569.jpeg
    IMG_6569.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6567.jpeg
    IMG_6567.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6573.jpeg
    IMG_6573.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6574.jpeg
    IMG_6574.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6575.jpeg
    IMG_6575.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6570.jpeg
    IMG_6570.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6572.jpeg
    IMG_6572.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6568.jpeg
    IMG_6568.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6576.jpeg
    IMG_6576.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6577.jpeg
    IMG_6577.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I started to work on my Investarm Bridger Hawken. She’s going on a diet and getting a face lift. Parts are on order from Track. I dislike the pattern on the lock, so I got rid of it. I dislike the manifesto they print on the barrel, so I got rid of it. I started shaping on the stock at the butt. Took out the fish belly and played with cheek rest and comb. I’m adding a toe plate when it gets here from Track so will finalize the butt once the toe plate is installed.
Much better. Now for that patch box! Those darn things are so heavy.

Fit a new tumbler to my lock and adjusted the trigger a bit to take out the slack .... Good ta go now . Hopefully do some shootin soon ! A Buddy of mine was tearing down a couple hornets nest today so I'll be gettin a bunch of wadding too , add it to the collection ....cool

Attachments

• IMG_20240730_173529.jpg
    IMG_20240730_173529.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240730_174056.jpg
    IMG_20240730_174056.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
I hate it when it get's above 80 degrees, especially the humidity. Working on gun this morning in garage this morning and said the h-with it, to humid. I really feel bad for the people that have to work in that conditions.
Just think when we were kids we didn't pay attention to it even at 100deg and 65 percent humidity we'd be out playing running through the woods catching crawdads in the creek!

Just think when we were kids we didn't pay attention to it even at 100deg and 65 percent humidity we'd be out playing running through the woods catching crawdads in the creek!
This reminds me I need to go get some crawdads! Or as we call them mountain lobster. They grow pretty big in our mountain lakes around here. Plenty of 4-6” with big old claws full of great meat. Yum

This reminds me I need to go get some crawdads! Or as we call them mountain lobster. They grow pretty big in our mountain lakes around here. Plenty of 4-6” with big old claws full of great meat. Yum
I realize this reflects my environmental exposure, But the mountain lobster reminds me of the "Mountain Oyster and Lounge Lizards." Neither of which I consider eatable.!

I realize this reflects my environmental exposure, But the mountain lobster reminds me of the "Mountain Oyster and Lounge Lizards." Neither of which I consider eatable.!
I get them out of a lake that’s at 6500’ elevation. The water is very cold, to the point of not comfortable to swim even in the summer. Very few even go after them. They taste so much better out of that clean cold water than what I’ve had from the delta region.

"Won" a coupla internet auctions for two "project" M/L's (both modern) cheap. Frustrated by failure to find m/l stuff, I am now moving most of garage clutter and starting a blackpowder section. This is a daunting task, and failure is definitely a possible outcome. WHERE DID ALL THIS STUFF COME FROM? and, by the way ...where are the things I was looking for when I started?

I get them out of a lake that’s at 6500’ elevation. The water is very cold, to the point of not comfortable to swim even in the summer. Very few even go after them. They taste so much better out of that clean cold water than what I’ve had from the delta region.
I got some out of a resivoir in New Mexico one summer. Had a mask and fins in my RV. They were GOOD but boy that water was cold

My bil eats those nasty river bugs. Water is so dirty you can only see down about an inch or two.

I draw filed the barrel, and filed the heck out of the tang. It had a large bevel/eased edge on the top. Made the inlet look worse than it is. The tang has nice square edges now. Took a strong 1/16” off and put a little more contour in it so it can get some more wood out of the wrist. Did a little barrel decoration also.

Attachments

• IMG_6584.jpeg
    IMG_6584.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6583.jpeg
    IMG_6583.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6581.jpeg
    IMG_6581.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Went to Dixie gun works today and picked out a uberti new model army in 44 looked at the others and the quality just was not the same will pick up at nmlra fall shoot to save 45 bucks no shipping or tax will use that savings to buy a miniball mold
Well since I finally figured my smoothbores out I cleaned out my range box of all the stuff I won’t be using ,sure looks empty lol.

Latest posts

Back