• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No muzzleloading for me today.
But I did speak with a member of my gun club after noticing he was shooting BP. In the 25+ years I have been a member at the club I cannot recall anyone shooting BP except me. He had an Uberti wheel gun, and was using Pyrodex. We discussed different chamber seal methods, accuracy etc.
Nice to know at least someone else is making smoke.

Well I said I’d show some pictures of my pathetic shooting today with my 26” barreled smoothbore ( aka slim) 24 gauge is not a year old yet .was a nice day to shoot the range had kids day so lots of mom and dads and kids enjoying shooting .Our club does this once a year and have a barbecue and make about the kids shooting and having fun.So I shot 25 yards and 50 same load same patch and my shiny new balls .Dont laugh to hard .enjoy By the way I’m Rowling my gun so I shot to the left any suggestions on how to fix that would be appreciated.thanks wobblin Walt .
Very cool bud , glad ya had fun ...man ! I need to shot BAD !! Been too long . Now ....when I ain't shot in a while I REALLY got to concentrate on that front sight and the slow squeeze !! I'll start slinging them round ball to the right until I get some shots under my belt , always happens .... " front sight , front sight , front sight ....SQEEZE slow !!! BAM !! Center hit !! Once I get back into it , lots of shootin sessions , close together ...its not a problem ...but when I lapse again ...happens again ! ...go figure ! A lot of movement and flash goin good n up there near yer face ... See ifn I can find my bullseye pic with Mikes Fusil I built him ....that was SO great ! Shocked me !!! It dont get any more center than that !! LMAO !! :D Then he did the same thing !! It was great !! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230529-102046~2.png
    Screenshot_20230529-102046~2.png
    867.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230324-162014~2.png
    Screenshot_20230324-162014~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very cool bud , glad ya had fun ...man ! I need to shot BAD !! Been too long . Now ....when I ain't shot in a while I REALLY got to cnsintrate on that front sight and the sloe squeeze !! I'll start slinging them round ball to the right until I get some shots under my belt , always happens .... " front sight , front is ght front sight ....SQEEZE slow !!! BAM !! Center hit !! Once I get back into it , lots of shootin sessions , close together ...not a problem ...go figure ! See ifn I can find my bullseye pic with Mikes Fusil I built him ....that was SO great ! Shocked me !!! LMAO !! :D Then he did the same thing !! :)
Thanks .Rob I’ll give that a try and myself I shoot close to a foot to the left
Till I’ve shot a bunch then I managed to get them close to center .I think I’m gonna put my wooden flint in and practice dry fire ing again but with slim this time .Slims trigger pull is very light so may contribute to my problem,guess it means more practice shooting .😂Sometimes I think a guy would be better off with just one smoothbore .Oh well the guns shoot good it’s the nut behind the wheel that’s the problem few hundred more practice shots should do it .

Thanks .Rob I’ll give that a try and myself I shoot close to a foot to the left
Till I’ve shot a bunch then I managed to get them close to center .I think I’m gonna put my wooden flint in and practice dry fire ing again but with slim this time .Slims trigger pull is very light so may contribute to my problem,guess it means more practice shooting .😂Sometimes I think a guy would be better off with just one smoothbore .Oh well the guns shoot good it’s the nut behind the wheel that’s the problem few hundred more practice shots should do it .
Hey bud ... If you have too many trade guns there , I'll certainly be a good friend and take one off yer hands ... Anything to help out a Buddy ! LOL !! :D

Last edited:
Back