• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pete do you aussies were any kind of protection from snakes being some are aggressive just wondering .
Yep, most sensible people do when out in the thick stuff; my Snake Gaiters go over the top of the shoe or boot, securing underneath, then up to just below the knee. They are like the usual gaiters but with an anti-penetration shield as the central layer. There are some Eastern Browns around these parts; they can have you doing the funky chicken in no time. I've seen snakes many times along the banks, that's their favourite habitat, but have never had a close encounter - touch wood! And I'm not a big fan of going up close to identify the species correctly. Best to live and let live!

Pete

Drove over the hill to shoot with the Marlborough boys = shot 4 different targets - won the first on the UIT Target with the old 40 Bedford; the light changed and the results got a bit 'variable' after that but still a lot of fun - shot from Duncnz's usual spot (where were you Dunc?)

Well, no dear for us this morning! One did bust us! My son Matthias is a bit of a wiggle worm! We heard something snort on the opposite hillside seemingly from an area that was masked by a lot of foliage. There are cattle loose in this pasture area we hunt. He inquired as to what it was. I told him it could be a deer or cow but sounded more like deer. It snorted again. In his desire to be ready if it was a deer he very quickly tucked his book between us and went about getting his gun up and in a better firing position and did a quite a bit of moving. I was concentrating on looking and listening for more sound and didn’t really think soon enough about all of his movement. Then we saw the white tail bouncing away…… so we had a whispered conversation about sitting still and not moving when you’re not sure what it is or where it is!
You want to train my grandson his parents and I will pay you for better results than we are getting more and more Im convinced he is doing it on purpose to so we will give up and let him stay at home

Not today, but yesterday and the day before. I went up to the block to do a bit of scouting for a trip coming up in a couple of weeks. The country is very dry; the deer clinging close to the riparian zones of various water sources. I'll do OK to get a meat animal - there's still plenty of remaining cover to get in close. It always amazes me how a reddish, white spotted animal can hide so readily in the Australian scrub - their disruptive pattern does well; helps them to stay invisible from tigers in their native India.

Walk with me ...

Cheers, Pete

View attachment 356394View attachment 356395View attachment 356396View attachment 356397View attachment 356398View attachment 356399View attachment 356400
Great pics Pete!
Thanks for posting 👍

You want to train my grandson his parents and I will pay you for better results than we are getting more and more Im convinced he is doing it on purpose to so we will give up and let him stay at home
That’s a hard sell! Bummer he’s not realizing the opportunity he has to spend with his grandparents!

Just got the lock to do next.

Attachments

• IMG_5616.jpeg
    IMG_5616.jpeg
    3.4 MB
  • IMG_5617.jpeg
    IMG_5617.jpeg
    6.2 MB
  • IMG_5618.jpeg
    IMG_5618.jpeg
    3.9 MB
  • IMG_5586.jpeg