• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Size Shot Do You Have?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have #4,5 and 6's will be ordering #2 shortly and checking patterns on the bess for the up coming turkey season.

I have #6, #3 buck, and #00 buck.

I also just ordered a mould for .19 caliber roundballs so I can cast my own BBB shot.

Plumebleu,

I never thought about pewter for shot. Does it work well? How hard is it in relation to lead i.e. would it be safe to shoot in a barrel that is not chrome lined. Lastly, is it legal for waterfoul hunting?

--Firelockshooter

I like 4s for nearly everything but big game. any size buckshot will work for deer. Buck-n-Ball is good too.

bismuth,, 2, 4, bb,,,, knickle plated, 2, 4, 5, 5 1/2, 6, 7, 7 1/2, 8... dave

Where did you find the Bismuth? Does it come in 25lb. bags?

Omigod, a reply, someone is actually reading this stuff? :shocked2:

You don't think watching paint dry might be more entertaining :snore:

Squire Robin said:
Omigod, a reply, someone is actually reading this stuff? :shocked2:

You don't think watching paint dry might be more entertaining :snore:

I was sort of thinking the same thing. I'd be more interested in what you size you have and what you use it for.

I've got #6 that I use for squirrels. I swapped some of it with a buddy for #7.5 but I haven't used it yet. Might try for woodcock after flintlock deer season ends.

I've been thinking of working up a waterfowl bismuth load but haven't decided what size shot to try. Since bismuth shot comes in 7lb jugs for about $85, I'll work up a good lead load first before buying the Bismuth and verify the pattern.

For bismuth, just take the same size you would take in lead, this receipe worked well for me.

Regards,
Manny

000 for my 36
2's for turkey, 10's for ??

Othern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back