• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What will you be hunting with this year

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barebackjack said:
.54 GPR (If I ever finish it),

I know what you mean!! :grin:
I thought I had mine finished a couple of weeks ago, but I tore it back down and I been diddlin' with the finish almost every day since. :shake:

I'll be using my 50 flinter, with 80 grs ffg and 490 round ball for Elk, Deer and Antelope.

Othern

I'll be using my very trusty CVA PENN flintlock,w/ 80 gr. 2ff .015 patch w/ a .495 ball, yeah it's old, but it's 3 for 4 (2 bucks and a coyote) use that in the adirondacks for whitetail, bear and yotes, southern zone..really like to get a shot with my 62 tulle...carried a little last year, but the day I seen the buck I had the rifle.... 30 yds. broadside ..snowin, rainin...flint EVIDENTLY was wet..had 3 tries,deer never moved first two tries, boy I wish I had the tulle that day......maybe,just maybe.. :shake: RC

I usually carry two in camp, one will be the full stock flint hawken, a old sharon kit in 50 cal; the other my old Lyman trade rifle, percussion 54.
mike.

I'll be using my 40 year old recurve and wooden arrows during bow season, a Marlin 1895 .45-70 govt loaded with black powder during "modern" firearms season for deer, an old trade gun, a flinter, during blackpowder season for deer, and a Marlin .25-20 loaded with black powder for snowshoe rabbits, foxes, and coyotes after deer season is out.

If I ever get it done I'll use my .54 smooth rifle , pathed ball for moose,deer and bear .
A measure of shot for rabbits,grouse and squirrels.
Goin' to try my 12 bore sea service I made for spring turkey season on ducks and geese this year.
shoot strait! :thumbsup:

Only tag I drew this year was for centerfire buck mule deer. Looks like it will be the .243. (yeah, I know you were looking for muzzleloaders).

Early muzzleloader season I am using brown bess a .735 rb and 90gr ffg (this will be a hoot :youcrazy: )

For cartridge gun season I am using 54 cal GPR 425gr hornady great plains bullet and 80gr ffg

For me it will be my 68 cal. Smoothbore for deer and squirrel even a rabbit or 2. Got my biggest buck with that there gun at 100 yrds.

Love the gun that hubby made for me. It earned its name of "Creek". Seems as if it like to drop my game smack dab into the middle of the creek and I have to go fetch it back out.

It sure does the job for me and I love the feel of it in my hands. Like an old freind it is.

I will be using "Creek" during modern season too for it does the job better than them modern shoot irons for me. And I ain't gone without a deer yet.

Sharp Shooter,
Will be hunting Bambi with my
.45 cal with 85grns 3fff. Rocky with my .32
Crockett with 25grns 3fff..Hope Bullwinckle
don't show up or I will be severely
under-gunned. :rotf: :rotf:
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

CROWHOP said:
54 cal GPR,90 FFF,and roundball.Got a doe tag.

owwwww !! :rotf: poor bambie
I will be hunting here in CO fer elk using my TVM 54 leman with 110grs of ffg goex 225 grn ball.
marmot ( damn good eatin') grouse, bunnies an such with my 36 cal blue ridge with a green mtn barrel all head shots
turkeys will get the 62 cal smoothie action also from TVM
Good luck crowhop will be here in Gunnison thinkin of ya

Did you get a bull tag?I got a preference point for elk.Im thinkin about goin for ML bull next year.Got a honey hole for elk down here.Ya know whats gonna happen is Im gonna see a ton of bucks and be thinkin I should have got a buck tag. :shake:

Deer: .54 Sells Tennessee flintlock with 90 grains Goex and .535 ball, Eastern Maine Products pre-lubed ticking.

Turkey: .36 Sells Tennessee flintlock, 40 grains 3f and .360 ball, pre-lubed ticking.

First year to hunt with flintlocks... can't wait 'till hunting season!

32 cal patched RB and 20 grains 3f in my LH flinter mostly for snowshoes. May take a crack at calling a lynx or fox to the 32. Getting a wolverine with it would be a great coup as well.
Mart

CROWHOP said:
Did you get a bull tag?I got a preference point for elk.Im thinkin about goin for ML bull next year.Got a honey hole for elk down here.Ya know whats gonna happen is Im gonna see a ton of bucks and be thinkin I should have got a buck tag. :shake: [/quot

No I am saving my points fer that once of a life time monster.
I perfer a nice fat cow fer everyday eating.
ditto on the nice buck there was a 30 inch 7x7 two nights ago 50yrds off my deck, the 4th year I diden't draw a buck tag :cursing:

I will be using my T/C 54 cal Renegade, 80 grains 2F GOEX, .535 PRB for whitetails. Still waiting to get the buck. It does a fine job on does.

Back