• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What would YOU do?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 whitetail shoulder mounts. One scored in the mid 160's, the other ~140. Both were taken with blackpowder (what else?).

As nice as they are, I appreciate the photographs of them much, much more. I am changing as I age in regards to what a trophy is. Antler size is sliding down the list of things important to me.

I guess I kind of went off on a tangent there. I am trying to say that I have possibly mounted my last buck, as I find myself reliving past hunts more with pictures taken of them than having the animal hanging above my recliner all the time.

That being said, I completely understand if others view mounting their trophies as more important than I do.

Skychief.

A couple of years ago, I shot my first flintlock buck and it only had one (3 point) antler. It was the first harvest my (then) 7 year old son had witnessed and it was the perfect "excuse" to have a knife handle made for him with it!

I've killed lots and lots of pigs with my bow. But the only one I've saved the skull too was probably one of the smallest 1/3 of them. But he a tough little warrior and tried to eat me!

Point being, it doesn't have to score well or be impressive in order to be a trophy to you.

I'd mount it.

I even have a hard time deciding to cut up small shed antlers. :idunno:

when it comes to moose up here I leave the head in the woods meat means the most and head is just dead weight

Latest posts

Back