• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what's your gun's name?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't make a general practice of naming guns but this one became "The Greenman" because of the pagan figure on the patchbox head. My Bucks County rifle is "Bucky" and a T/C flint became "sparky" just to distinguish it from the percussion version in my records.
4-3-br1.jpg

I attempted once to name my guns, but it never worked. I just call them what they are. The 50 Beck, the 40 Beck, 36 Lancaster, etc. It just seemed to fit better that way for me.

My late Lancaster has mineral streaks in the stock, so, "Streak".
My .32 is a sweet shootin', accurate, and never hurts me. So she is named after my grandmother, sweetest lady on the planet, never heard a cross word out of her, "Daisy Irene". :thumbsup:

My last name is Massey (like the tractor). Back in my wasted youth I had a falling out with the family (long since healed)- but during those lost years I thumbed my nose at the tribe and referred to myself as a Ferguson...and so it was my friends inevitably called me 'The Ferguson Rifleman' (and smile when you say that, or else!).

My stinking, sooty muzzleloader became my trademark and soon it was known everywhere as 'The Ferguson Front Stuffer'. Smile when you say that too! And don't shoot downwind if you're a wuss!

The Ferguson Front Stuffer is not a beautiful work of art like some of you fellers have - it is a chit house spaghetti plains rifle that you fellers wouldn't give a second glance to. It is a humble rifle compared to the glamourous works of art you guys have...but worthy enough for an old fart like Yours Truly.

Speaking on behalf of gun builders, black powder shops and gun dealers everywhere, I will offer that if you can name your guns and keep the names straight, you need more guns. :grin:

I'd love to see your humble rifle. Doesn't matter how it looks, just how you like it, and how it shoots. That's why there was the debate recently about taking a fancy rifle hunting. We all love our rifles, and you're no different.
Please post a pic, I'd love to see it.
Mike

That's right, Coot, you can never have too many rifles. I can name both of mine, that's why I'm building more.
Already got a name for my soon-to-be fowler. Nessie. After my wifeangel.

I agree! These are all great stories behind the names. Pics would be great to see! :thumbsup:

My Lymans .54 comes to the name "Big Medicine." I have a Hawken .54 what answers to "Preacher" as he can preach a powerful sermon. All of my guns have names, but the rest of them you fellars don't want to hear about.

Because it took so long to build my .45 flintlock--Ten year one=Tyrone

It's name changes depending on whether it goes off when I pull the trigger. :grin:

Pat

My .50 Deerstalker is named Nancy after my mother-in-law -- short, very particular and lets me know immediately if I do something wrong!! :nono: :nono: The .45 late Lancaster is nearly finished and has no name as of now. We have to get acquainted first! :grin:

My .54 Isaac Haines flintlock is lil sweetheart. My .54 Isaac Haines percussion is ole granddad.My .54 Jim Bridger Hawkin is Patricia Gail. My .40 Isaac Haines flintlock that I am in the process of building will be sweetpea an the .12 ga caywood english game gun I havent thought of a name yet :thumbsup:

:hmm: Opp's almost forgot about "Ms HATTIE" my 45cal Hatfield."OLE SMOKEY"is my smoothy.Have a few more but havent named them yet.Griz

:thumbsup: What Hawken Hunter 60 said. :rotf: Used some of them to. :haha: Griz

Back