• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to buy black powder in Central/South Texas?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where to buy black powder in Central/South Texas?​

Should I get 2F or 1F for a .69 caliber flintlock?​

I had looked myself over a decade ago, and there just weren’t many option at all. Nagel’s gun shop in San Pedro Ave sold standard Goex I think. I’m not interested if it isn’t Olde Eynsford by Goex or Swiss as I require sporting grade so they’re humane to hunt with. I’ve just ordered from Grafs online.

I had looked myself over a decade ago, and there just weren’t many option at all. Nagel’s gun shop in San Pedro Ave sold standard Goex I think. I’m not interested if it isn’t Olde Eynsford by Goex or Swiss as I require sporting grade so they’re humane to hunt with. I’ve just ordered from Grafs online.
I ordered from Graf's earlier today, I've looked at Nagel's before for BP, they didn't have any.

The Austin serial bombings occurred between March 2 and March 21, 2018, mostly in Austin, Texas. In total, five package bombs exploded, killed two people and injuring another five. The perpetrator, 23-year-old Mark Anthony Conditt of Pflugerville, Texas, was pulled over by police on March 21. Conditt detonated an explosive inside his vehicle, killing himself and injuring a police officer.[1][2]. This is why McBride, Bass Pro shop and Cabela’s Stopped selling any black Powder in the Austin area. I have been ordering from Graf and son.

This is why McBride, Bass Pro shop and Cabela’s Stopped selling any black Powder in the Austin area.
But the perp is already gone! He won't be buying anymore anytime soon.
More examples of locking the gate after the horses got out...

OTOH, I've never been able to find BP at Bass Pro or Cabela's in the Houston vicinity.
I use a small shop in NW Houston - 10Ring on Jones Road.
Pricey before COVID, but they had powder.
Haven't bought any in years, since I found some at an estate sale.
Couldn't pass up $5 a can for old GOEX and others!

Back