• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where to buy black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought from Graf's, but only face to face, they are less than an hour from my son's house in MO.

Good people. They have lots of firearms and reloading supplies. Ask your friends if they need anything for reloading etc. to share the shipping and hazmat expenses.

Woody

Did you receive yours? I ordered last weekend and haven’t gotten mine or an update 🤔

I haven’t received anything yet other than the email telling me they received the order. I read on an earlier post that they wait till shipped before charging the card. Which must be the case because nothing had been taken out of my account. My only worry is not having someone here when the delivery does happen. Everyone in my family works, which makes it hard to obtain a signature. I am not in a rush or anything. I’m sure they have more orders than one can shake a stick at. However, I’ll let you know when I get any notification. Hopefully, we’ll hear something soon.

Anthony
Gentlemen,
I ordered from Grafs for the first time ever on 12/9. I didn't get any updates until yesterday, 12/16, when I got an email and text letting me know the tracking number. As of right now, my powder is supposed to arrive on Monday. I would think you should both get an update from Grafs soon.

Gentlemen,
I ordered from Grafs for the first time ever on 12/9. I didn't get any updates until yesterday, 12/16, when I got an email and text letting me know the tracking number. As of right now, my powder is supposed to arrive on Monday. I would think you should both get an update from Grafs soon.
I just received the email about mine being shipped. Estimated 12/21. Thank you for the reply.

Anthony

I've been looking around and not many places to buy black power..

Bite the bullet and buy 10 to 25 pounds from Powder, Inc. and have it shipped to youse while it’s still allowed, and be done with it, at least for a while..

I haven’t received anything yet other than the email telling me they received the order. I read on an earlier post that they wait till shipped before charging the card. Which must be the case because nothing had been taken out of my account. My only worry is not having someone here when the delivery does happen. Everyone in my family works, which makes it hard to obtain a signature. I am not in a rush or anything. I’m sure they have more orders than one can shake a stick at. However, I’ll let you know when I get any notification. Hopefully, we’ll hear something soon.

Anthony
I have received many orders of BP thru fedex and they have never asked for a signature or any ID at all. Most the time they dump the box on the front porch for God and all to see and then haul a$$ in their trucks.
Scott

Ordered 5lbs. from Grafs on 12-8. They shipped on Fri. 12-16.
FedEx was suppose to deliver tomorrow, 12-19, according to tracking I checked this morning. Stepped out for an hour this afternoon and when I got home had a tag on the front door stating delivery attempted but signature required.🤷‍♂️
If I’d known it was coming today I wouldn’t of left the house.
Wonder how long it will take to re-deliver?

Update on my Graf & Sons order… Similarly to everyone else, I just received my order shipment details. Mine is coming via UPS and of course requires a signature. I placed my order on December 10th

Well, the signature part will be easy for me now. Uncle Sam deemed that I was Covid positive after biweekly testing this morning. So, I guess Merry Christmas to me and my wife who also works for Uncle Sam. Anyway, y’all stay safe.

Anthony

Graff’s price including shipping sales tax and hazmat fee still is $36 cheaper than my local gunshop’s price on 4 containers of Schuetzen so I placed an order. It’s like getting a free pound based at my local shop’s pricing.

Didn’t realize I was down to less than 1/2 a pound.

Last edited:
So is Graff's the best place to order BP from right now?

Also, it appears as if they have their own brand of BP, or do they sell Swiss and/or Goex as well?

What are the differences if any?

IMO Grafs is my preferred retailer. In the past they have sold GOEX, Swiss, and Schuetzen with their house brand being either Schutzen or GOEX depending on who was the supplier at any given time. As far as I know their house brand is identical to the powder sold with the Manufacturer's branding.

Back