• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

White Mountain Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbeaux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a shotgun barrel was ever offered for the T/C White Mountain Carbine ?? I am looking for a 20 gauge if it available....a 12 would do. I know the New Englander had a 12 offered and I was told the WMC was also available with a smoothbore. I appreciate the help.

jumbeaux

I have not heard of a smoothbore barrel for it either. Being a carbine it would be an awful short barrel for shot. I think the Green Mountain 15/16 drop in barrels might work but I don't see any carbine barrels or even smoothbore drop in barrels there now. They are not the only place to get drop in barrels. It would cost more but I imagine other barrel makers get requests like this often. Muzzleloading Emporium offered 15/16 drop in barrels but no smoothbore barrels listed offhand. If you inquire about a drop in barrel with a barrel maker be sure to tell them the make of your rifle. I'm not even sure the 15/16 GM drop ins would work but it seems they would.

I have asked before....I think.....do any of the custom barrel makers offer a smooth bore drop in barrel for a T/C White Mtn. Carbine ?? Everyone tells me to find a New Englander but they have all escaped me thus far....

Thank y'all,

rick

i have never seen or heard of a smoothbore barrel for a white mountain carbine but i have seen a couple of smoothbore hawkens listed on gunbroker. i think they had green mountain barrels. a hawken barrel will fit yer stock. since a 15/16ths barrel is .9375inch and an average 12ga bore is .729inch you'd only have about a tenth of an inch barrel thickness which in my opinion ain't much and it would also probably be close to the dovetail cuts and screw holes by then. 56cal(about 28ga) or maybe even 20ga may be possible. if no-one chimes in with them look through a few posts and find contact info for mr. rayl or mr. hoyt. 'sposed to be 2 of the best for what you want and seem to be highly thought of here. just waitin' on some cash to fall my way so's i can contact'em myself. luck and have a good'en friend, bubba.

Latest posts

Back