• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who's Hunting Flintlock's & PRB's ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Deer season's almost here...Who's Hunting Flintlock's ?

In October I'll be hiking way in to the back side of a public game land area with a little .45cal

Three more weeks and I'll be out after bear with a .54 flintlock.

i will be towing that 58 cal you talked me into buying around ....JUST KIDDDING.... it`s a killer ,I had a piece of steel pipe 6 inch in diameter sced,40 for a target and that roundball went right through it , i should take a pic but yes im useing this year as well

i will be towing that 58 cal you talked me into buying around ....JUST KIDDDING.... it`s a killer ,I had a piece of steel pipe 6 inch in diameter sced,40 for a target and that roundball went right through it , i should take a pic but yes im useing this year as well

They are a powerhouse for sure...wouldn't feel undergunned for most anything on the continent, eh?

When November rolls around I hunt a different place and won't have a long 40 minutes hike in the dark, so I'll be using my big ole heavy .58cal then too!

I will be using the little Deerhunter carbine, but not until the second weekend in November.

I have used my 20 ga. french fusil for all hunting for several years now. Have taken a couple of sqerls, a deer and a couple turkeys with it. Hope to get out goose hunting with it this fall.

If Mr. Sells has it completed in time, I plan on deer hunting the Fla. Panhandle with my .54 southern mountain flinter. Should I get a deer :D, will switch to the .36 flinter for turkey and squirrel. First year to hunt with flintlocks :D

i'll be using my T/C hawken till my lancaster is done.................bob

Since I have a 50, 54, 58 and a 62, I'll probably use all of them at various times.

I have a .58 caliber Renegade that I have yet to take hunting. As for roundballs, what else do you need when your shooting a .58 caliber at whitetails. :front:

Hoping to have my Cumberland Fowler completed by then. Those 75 cal balls are humungous! GC

How big are the deer in VA? :shocking:

I would love to have a .75 cal someday, but right now I'm considering a .32 cal flinter for my next purchase.
In PA, the reg.s prevent one from using one rifle for both small game and big game. That .75 cal. smoothie could do double duty though.

I want to hunt with my Lyman Flintlock.It's accurate on the bench with RB's.I dunno,I can't seem to get up the courage to hunt with it....I really can't shoot it well offhand,I've tried too.Flintlocks just don't seem to be my Cup of tea. :boohoo:

I'll be using my flint 50 long rifle for bear in Sep/Oct here in Mich, then on deer during the general firearms and muzzle loader season. Gotta go start getting deer tags today DNR put 14K antlerless permits on the market in my county.

ahhhhhh now im in the right place LMAO
yep im hunting flintlock and PRB for sure , count me in .
we also have a primitive mule deer and grouse hunt planed :thumbsup:

I want to hunt with my Lyman Flintlock.It's accurate on the bench with RB's.I dunno,I can't seem to get up the courage to hunt with it....I really can't shoot it well offhand,I've tried too.Flintlocks just don't seem to be my Cup of tea. :boohoo:

I've never shot a deer offhand with a muzzleloader...I'll either be sitting on the ground leaning against a tree, or sitting in a tree stand leaning against the tree.

If you try that, AND brace your support elbow down on your chest you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that it's just about as rock solid as shooting from a bench.

When I have my Saturday morning range sessions, I practice that way 99% of the time, by sitting in a small chair, or if I'm alone, I'll occasionally sit on the ground leaning against a support post, etc

Back