• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

winter projects

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
normie what is that jig/fixture under the rifle is it a router jig to cut the barrel chanell? if so purty please give us some details!! your freind truckwilkins

OUCH! That's tuff Lonestar!
Same happened too me back in the mid 80's!
SOB's hit my utility topper, took 2K in power hand tools!! :cursing: :shocked2: :cursing:
No Insurance to cover the loss!! :cursing:

Lonestar, sorry to hear about your loss I hope the Cops catch them. Do you have insurance?

Yea I got insurance but it will not cover it all. My shop is about 100 feet from the house and is considered an out building. They will only pay up to $1000.00 to the limit of the coverage. So far as best I can tell the total is right at $4000.00 in loss. I am still thinking on all the stuff I had. You know how it is, you really do not miss it until you need it. I guess the one that hurt the most was the oxygen acetylene set up my wife bought me for Christmas. She was so proud and tickled she came up with that all on her own. Heartbreaking. I got hit hard also back in the 80ds. Moved out of the city to the boonies to get away from it. I guess you just cannot hide from a @&%m thief. I am stilled amazed as to how the got the dead bolts open. Keys in my pocket and no damage to the doors or locks.I have always up till now believed that no human life was worth any material thing. The material things can be replaced but you cannot replace a life. That’s all changed. If I catch um in the house or shop, I am putting a 45 ACP right in the stomach.

Lonstar, That flat out sucks! I hate, yeah, hate thieves, and liars too for that matter. I hope they catch them and you get your stuff back. God bless.
Robby

Holy Crow ! Ya know , all these places that sell lock picking tools and then youtube having the how to pick locks on it is gonna bump up this stuff. :cursing:

Hows a fella supposed to keep the thieves at bay ?
If ya keep dobermans in your shop and they bite the scum , you are sued by the so called victems !

Sorry for your misfortune and loss !

I got one started a week or so back . Shootin for a Bucks Co. style with a 1"x 44-1/2" .62 smooth oct-rnd barrel I turned down from a straight oct.
The blank is Walnut with some good figure .
I got the barrel and tang inlet so far after planing the blank square , drawing the dimentions out and cutting to shape. Underlugs next.
BucksCoSmthRfl003.jpg

BucksCoSmthRfl005.jpg

Hey Swampy, I had back surgery bout 10 yrs ago. Thank the good Lord....things are fine.. I get around just fine now, just ask RC.... 6 screws and 2 rods help me shoot better.... hope ya feel better. Any chance you'll get to the N'eastern in NY this year. I need some help keepin RC in line. Trapper

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that. It really $**** to have some thug break in and take the things you have worked a life time for. :cursing: It sounds like someone else has keys to your place i would change the locks asap although its a little late :shake: But they may have plans to come back if theres anything left to come back for.However locks will only keep an honest man out a thief will get in at any cost,I had my door knob twisted off with a pipe wrench a few years back lost camera equipment,2 guns,gold necklace,trolling motor,money jug with a couple hundred dollars in change in it :cursing: Still makes me want to kick someones a$$ till this day.The cops never found any of my things. :shake:

Yea SMO, been getting this stuff for about 20 + years now. Had a good collection of quality tools. I don’t buy any junk. What makes it bad? This is the 4th time I have been nailed over the past 30 years. 1st was all of my fishing gear. 2nd was a brand new 4 wheeler and 3rd was another brand new 4 wheeler and now this. The first three were in the city. I don’t see how anyone could have a key. I built the shop myself about 12 years ago. One set of keys are in my pocket and the spares are tucked away in a safe and have not been moved. It is just one of those things I will have to get over and let it go and move on. (I would still like to shoot them in the stomach with my 45) Anyway, it’s done and over. Thanks all for the support. You don’t now me nor I you but somehow it feels as though we do. :hatsoff:

I can only imagine the sense of violation and loss. Is there away to set up a security system? I think we all feel immune to this until it happens.

Lonstar said:
Yea SMO, been getting this stuff for about 20 + years now. Had a good collection of quality tools. I don’t buy any junk. What makes it bad? This is the 4th time I have been nailed over the past 30 years. 1st was all of my fishing gear. 2nd was a brand new 4 wheeler and 3rd was another brand new 4 wheeler and now this. The first three were in the city. I don’t see how anyone could have a key. I built the shop myself about 12 years ago. One set of keys are in my pocket and the spares are tucked away in a safe and have not been moved. It is just one of those things I will have to get over and let it go and move on. (I would still like to shoot them in the stomach with my 45) Anyway, it’s done and over. Thanks all for the support. You don’t now me nor I you but somehow it feels as though we do. :hatsoff:

That's what they deserve a good ol' "GUTSHOT" and a .45 acp would be a fine choice of weapons,unless you wanted to make'em suffer a little longer then you could us a .22 a hope for "LEAD POISONING" to set up :grin:

Bubba,

That's a nice piece of walnut. I'm starting a walnut stocked Berks County rifle myself, but it 'taint as purty as yours. So far all I have done is cut out the outline of the blank. I'm waiting until I have enough to save up for the barrel. I'm planning on using a Reading swamped barrel from Rice.

Just for your info, most lock makers stamp a number on the lock
that is the code to cut a key that works that lock.

I would change the locks and file or scrach off any numbers on
the new locks

bioprof, that blank started out 4" thick x 16"wide and 12' long . Was a bearcat to get cut up and I got several fullstocks and a couple halfstock and pistol blanks from . If I had a way to resaw I wouldnt have ended up with several inches of shavings on floor from ging through planer several times .
I need to get back with fella the plank come from to see if he has any left too !
My barrel began life as a Douglas .54 I believe as they were the only ones I know of that stamped the very end and not on a flat .At any rate I got it from John Taylor after he reamed it slick and smooth in full octagon configuration. :thumbsup:

-----in a shooting--do you have to call the cops right away or can you wait till the crooks expire ??? :idunno: :idunno: :idunno:

lonehunter said:
You just tell them "it took a while to look up the number for 911" :wink:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :haha: :rotf: Lonehunter you ain't right. I’m a laughing so hard just about to fall out of my chair. :haha: Worked like a yard dog today but got the alarm in. It will bust yo ears!! Probably get sued for hurting the poor ol thief but right now I don't really give a hoot! Good thing is, he can’t testify cause he can’t hear. The closet neighbor is about a half mile out. He stopped by to see what all the rucus was. So I recon it works. Can't build a good looking LR but I can put together one hell of an alarm system.

Bubba45 said:
What kind you get ? I should prolly do the same !

I put it together myself. Homemade. Bought one from Radio Shack for a $100.00 and took it back. Chamberlain Motion Alert. Don’t waste your money. I used a motion detector from a set of flood lights from Home Depot. Got a C and an A note car horn (I think) from the junk yard and a 12V transformer from Radio Shack. I hard wired the sensor to a light switch. Then wired the transformer off the sensor and wired up the horns off the transformer. One inside and one outside out of reach. The only problem is, when you first turn it on, the motion sensor for flood lights stays on for about 1 or 2 minutes before it shuts off. I would rather it not come one until motion was detected. I have adjusted it every way possible. Have to work on that a bit. But for now I feel better about it. Went out there this morning with my first cup of coffee and believe me it works. That C and A together make a wicked sound.

Latest posts

Back