• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Humor me and try this:

1. Use your wire trivet, put in squirrels and 1 Cup tap water, sprinkle 1 tsp Tony Chachere's "More Spice" (LINK)
2. Pressure Cook, Pressure High, Temp Set High, Keep Warm Off, Delay Start Off, 10 Minutes, Start.
3. Manual vent when finished

....then fry like you did. I dunno, maybe squirrel is more tough and may need more time, but I doubt it.
Sounds like you’re quite the cook, Stan. This one is definitely above my pay scale. I got a screenshot of it and I’ll forward it to my wife.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
He was a young one.
Last time I shot two, a day apart and there was a size difference between them.
That’s good. Nice and tinder. That one was definitely old enough to take care of himself.

Fred, for this ole boy, I have found that the young squirrels can be more difficult targets. Not only from being smaller, but often there are more than one and they hang tight to the tree as they kind of chase each other. I can tell every time as soon as I see how they act if they are young ones, even from a distance. They will not go far, or leave that one tree. They are really good at disappearing, too. My guess is, those situations are young squirrels that are just beginning to venture out into the world a bit.

I have yet to be able to kill one like that but I’ve tried quite a few times.

Patience Grasshopper, patience. Hang in there bro. It’s only a couple of weeks away.

This would be a great opportunity to practice your offhand holding. A few months ago I put up a life-size picture of a squirrel on my living room wall and practiced offhand holding. It paid off. In all actuality, it wouldn’t hurt if every squirrel hunter were to practice this at least once a week.
I'm using an Original 14ga SxS with 1oz. #6 lead. Won't be practicing holding.

That’s good. Nice and tinder. That one was definitely old enough to take care of himself.

Fred, for this ole boy, I have found that the young squirrels can be more difficult targets. Not only from being smaller, but often there are more than one and they hang tight to the tree as they kind of chase each other. I can tell every time as soon as I see how they act if they are young ones, even from a distance. They will not go far, or leave that one tree. They are really good at disappearing, too. My guess is, those situations are young squirrels that are just beginning to venture out into the world a bit.

I have yet to be able to kill one like that but I’ve tried quite a few times.
Ed, all I could see was his head and shoulders. There are a few smaller ones out there. Last time out I saw a few, had a chance to shot a couple but they were small than this little fella.
In my mind they might be smaller than grey squirrel from back home in Illinois.
But that's just memories from many years ago. Next time I get some I'll lay them next to something for comparison in size.
I'd like to see if there is a size difference from the different states.

60 yards is pushing way past the limits on most any squirrel tool, IMO.

I have never shot a ML scatter gun but I have shot many squirrels with the other type. I had my best results with 1.5 ounces of number 5 magnum shot that I loaded hotter than hot. IMO, the hotter and the biggest, heavier load the better.
Thank ya!!

Zoli 8 bore 'Zouave' 120 grains henry krank medium bp and 2oz of no.5

I'd have done just as well or better with my pedersoli 12bore SxS, but I've not used the 8 bore much and it is rather a lot of fun

20240826_115336.jpg

Wowser! Quite possibly the best squirrel hunt ever for old ETipp. It was big business today, fellers.

Was awake early this morning. I had planned on going to a friends property that has been nowhere near what I would call a good squirrel hunting location. As I was walking out the door way before daylight my wife asked me where I was going to hunt? I told her where I was going and that I had little confidence I would score very well.

Made the drive over and talked with my friend for a few minutes until barely after daylight. I told him it was squirrel thirty and I best get moving. Grabbed Mr. Crockett and headed out. I didn't make it more than 10 yards until I saw a squirrel cutting on Walnuts on the edge of his property. Had the hammer pulled back twice but the only real shot I had, there was a guy wire smack dab centerline of that squirrel. Then he ran over to some other trees. Dang it all anyway.

While standing there waiting and watching, I saw another squirrel running back and forth up in a huge pine. It was carrying branches. No doubt making a drey. No way to put the sneak on that one because I was totally out in the open and had to cross a larger open area to get to a tree to shoot from.

Heard that first squirrel up in another Walnut tree kind of close. Eased over there but there was absolutely no way I could see that squirrel up there. It was too thick and too many branches from other trees blocking the view.

I had just waisted 30 minutes of my squirrel hunting time and decided I need a change of scenery. So, waded through some very thick stuff on the edge of an old creek branch. Saw two more squirrels right off the bat. One had hopped onto a smaller sapling and saw me. He was outta there. The other one went the opposite direction from where wanted to go and I was not about to waste any more time.

Clawed my way through the rest of the thickest brush and headed in the direction I had in mind. Eased around on my way to this location and never saw or heard another squirrel. I thought "well, I think I know how this day is going to turn out".

This very small place is kind of at the head of that dry creek branch drainage. It opens up and there is more taller, mature trees in there before it goes into a long, wide open area where high tension power lines cuts across the mountains. I did kill a couple of squirrels in there one day during the spring hunt. However, there was no indication whatsoever that it might contain a higher population of squirrels. In other words, it was a long shot and a gamble.

Just before I made it to where the woods opens up, I saw a squirrel coming down a tree. It stopped, head down and remained there for a few seconds. Lucky for me, I had stopped next to a tree. Score one for the day.

Slowly easing over and pinning my squirrel to my side, I heard the distinct sound of hickory nuts being dropped from trees. Lordy how I love to hear that. About the time I was homing in on that sound, there was another similar sound off to my left. Then one to my right. Hot Dog!

Easing in as slowly and quietly as possible, I finally found the first one. As I got close, there was a large amount of hickory nut shrapnel raining down, and not in the same exact location. As I stood there next to a tree and observing, I was surprised to see at least 4-5 different places under that one tree where hickory nut shrapnel was raining down. Due to the secondary canopy, it was very difficult to see up in the top of that very tall hickory, but I could see squirrels running back and forth every now and then.

Scoping the close area out for a better place to hopefully get a shot from, all of as sudden "Bark, bark, bark. It was right behind me and very close, too. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I had to try anyway. So, I slowly turned around and at the same time pulling back the hammer, setting the set trigger, and raising my peep, the squirrel was no more than 12 yards behind me. He waited until I raised my rifle and started to get a bead, then...............zipp. He gone.

Focusing back on that very active hickory, I noticed a squirrel finally decided to come down and hop up in the tree limbs to another tree. He stopped just long enough for me to do my part. Score two.

Still standing next to that same tree for going on an hour, I kept hearing limbs moving. There was another party going on behind me but I was basically pinned down where I was at. If I tried to move with as many squirrels as there were all around me, plus overhead, there was the real possibility of getting busted. So, I remained where I was for a while and just watched.

My next 3 little encounters from behind turned out about like the first one. They all either saw me first or was on the go too much to get a shot. By this time, there were squirrels all around me. I was pumped up big time but remained calm.

Still standing next to that same tree for going on two hours, I noticed one single squirrel that would truck up to the top of that tall hickory, grab a hickory nut, then run over to a nearby tree, set on the same limb and eat the nut. I noticed he did that two times at least. However, it was just a bit too far of a shot for me and there were secondary canopy limbs in the way. So, I said to myself, "okay ole buddy, if you go back up there to grab another hickory nut, I'm going to move closer, and if you come back down and stop on that same limb to eat again, I'm going to shoot you". So, I waited until he climbed back up for another nut then I slowly moved over to a closer tree. Sure enough, down came the squirrel and parked on that same limb again and started to eat. Only this time he was over to the side more and it wasn't the greatest shot he presented me. Either way, I took aim, studied it for a minute or so, then squeezed the trigger. Dead squirrel.

By now it was after 10:30 and the temperature was getting up there. However, after all that shooting, hickory nut shrapnel never stopped. Not once. Also, there were still the sound of hickory nuts being dropped in several different locations. Man, I was really liking this.

About the time I was considering trying to move again to another tree, something caught my eye above me. It was a squirrel that was apparently on his way out of there. There was an arched tree right next to me that was actually above my head. That darn squirrel ran straight towards me, looked down, saw me (it was no more than 12 feet from me) then he peaked his head over the edge to look down at me. I was leaning up against my tree and ready. I fired and down came number 4 for the day. He landed no more than 5 feet from me.

Time to run a damp cleaning patch down the bore, followed up with a couple of dry patches. Reload, then start looking around for another target. Still, hickory nut shrapnel was raining down on my head. Unbelievable!

By now it it was after 11:00, getting warm out and flies were getting on the only squirrel I had pinned to my side. I knew that the other dead squirrels would soon be covered with files so I had no choice but to go gather up my squirrels as slowly and quietly as possible. After I finally found all of my squirrels, I headed out on the other side of the drainage towards that other tree that had a party going on. I went about 30 yards when I looked down and noticed I only had 3 squirrels pinned on my side. I thought "What the heck, I know I dropped 4 squirrels".

So back tracking I made my way in that same general area where my squirrels had been dropped. I stopped and was puzzled for a minute or two. Then I heard something that I recognized. It was flies, and lots of them. I looked up hill about 15 yards and there was my other squirrel. I somehow forgot about it. Reached down to grab ahold of it and "Pow", I just got stung by something. My guess is was a yellowjacket. As I slowly and quietly eased out of that area, yeppers, hickory nut shrapnel still raining down from that one tree.

During the walk out I had to keep swatting flies with my hat that were trying to light on the 4 squirrels pinned to my side. It was constant. The temperature continued to climb and I was not only tired, but I was burning up as well.

Arriving back at my friends house and looking at the large thermometer, it had risen 19 degrees in the 5 hours I had been out.

Without doubt, this one was the most active, awesome, and rewarding squirrel hunts ever for me. Never before have I been smack dab in the middle of so many squirrels for such a long time. They literally were all around me the entire time once I made to that small location. I mean many, many squirrels. I would hate to guess at the number of squirrels was/are over in that small patch of woods. It was big business today!

I hope to be back in there before daylight in the morning. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2492.jpeg
    IMG_2492.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wowser! Quite possibly the best squirrel hunt ever for old ETipp. It was big business today, fellers.

Was awake early this morning. I had planned on going to a friends property that has been nowhere near what I would call a good squirrel hunting location. As I was walking out the door way before daylight my wife asked me where I was going to hunt? I told her where I was going and that I had little confidence I would score very well.

Made the drive over and talked with my friend for a few minutes until barely after daylight. I told him it was squirrel thirty and I best get moving. Grabbed Mr. Crockett and headed out. I didn't make it more than 10 yards until I saw a squirrel cutting on Walnuts on the edge of his property. Had the hammer pulled back twice but the only real shot I had, there was a guy wire smack dab centerline of that squirrel. Then he ran over to some other trees. Dang it all anyway.

While standing there waiting and watching, I saw another squirrel running back and forth up in a huge pine. It was carrying branches. No doubt making a drey. No way to put the sneak on that one because I was totally out in the open and had to cross a larger open area to get to a tree to shoot from.

Heard that first squirrel up in another Walnut tree kind of close. Eased over there but there was absolutely no way I could see that squirrel up there. It was too thick and too many branches from other trees blocking the view.

I had just waisted 30 minutes of my squirrel hunting and decided I need a change of view. So, waded through some very thick stuff on the edge of an old creek branch. Saw two more squirrels right off the bat. One had hopped onto a smaller sapling and saw me. He was outta there. The other one went the opposite direction from where wanted to go and I was not about to waste any more time.

Clawed my way through the rest of the thickest brush and headed in the direction I had in mind. Eased around on my way to this location and never saw or heard another squirrel. I thought "well, I think I know how this day is going to turn out".

This very small place is kind of at the head of that dry creek branch drainage. It opens up and there is more taller, mature trees in there before it goes into a long, wide open area where high tension power lines cuts across the mountains. I did kill a couple of squirrels in there one day during the spring hunt. However, there was no indication whatsoever that it might contain a higher population of squirrels. In other words, it was a long shot and a gamble.

Just before I made it to where the woods opens up, I saw a squirrel coming down a tree. It stopped, head down and remained there for a few seconds. Lucky for me, I had stopped next to a tree. Score one for the day.

Slowly easing over and pinning my squirrel to my side, I heard the distinct sound of hickory nuts being dropped from trees. Lordy how I love to hear that. About the time I was homing in on that sound, there was another similar sound off to my left. Then one to my right. Hot Dog!

Easing in as slowly and quietly as possible, I finally found the first one. As I got close, there was a large amount of hickory nut shrapnel raining down, and not in the same exact location. As I stood there next to a tree and observing, I was surprised to see at least 4-5 different places under that one tree where hickory nut shrapnel was raining down. Due to the secondary canopy, it was very difficult to see up in the top of that very tall hickory, but I could see squirrels running back and forth every now and then.

Scoping the close area out for a better place to hopefully get a shot from, all of as sudden "Bark, bark, bark. It was right behind me and very close, too. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I had to try anyway. So, I slowly turned around and at the same time pulling back the hammer, setting the set trigger, and raising my peep, the squirrel was no more than 12 yards behind me. He waited until I raised my rifle and start to get a bead, then...............zipp. He gone.

Focusing back on that very active hickory, I noticed a squirrel finally decided to come down and hop up in the tree limbs to another tree. He stopped just long enough for me to do my part. Score two.

Still standing next to that same tree for going on an hour, I kept hearing limbs moving. There was another party going on behind me but I was basically pinned down where I was at. If I tried to move with as many squirrels as there were all around me, plus overhead, there was the real possibility of getting busted. So, I remained where I was for a while and just watched.

My next 3 little encounters from behind turned out about like the first one. They all either saw me first or was on the go too much to get a shot. By this time, there were squirrels all around me. I was pumped up big time but remained calm.

Still standing next to that same tree for going on two hours, I noticed one single squirrel that would truck up to the top of that tall hickory, grab a hickory nut, then run over to a nearby tree, set on the same limb and eat the nut. I noticed he did that two times at least. However, it was just a bit too far of a shot for me and there were secondary canopy limbs in the way. So, I said to myself, "okay ole buddy, if you go back up there to grab another hickory nut, I'm going to move closer, and if you come back down and if you stop on that same limb to eat again, I'm going to shoot you". So, I waited until he climbed back up for another nut then I slowly moved over to a closer tree. Sure enough, down came the squirrel and parked on that same limb again and started to eat. Only this time he was over to the side more and it wasn't the greatest shot he presented. Either way, took aim, studied it for a minute or so, then squeezed the trigger. Dead squirrel.

By now it was after 10:30 and the temperature was getting up there. However, after all that shooting, hickory nut shrapnel never stopped. Not once. Also, there was still the sound of hickory nuts being dropped in several different locations. Man, I was really liking this.

About the time I was considering trying to move again to another tree, something caught my eye above me. It was a squirrel that was apparently on his way out of there. There was an arched tree right next to me that was actually above my head. That darn squirrel ran straight towards me, looked down, saw me (it was no more than 12 feet from me) then he peaked his head over to look down at me. I was leaning up against my tree and ready. I fired and down came number 4 for the day. He landed no more than 5 feet from me.

Time to run a damp cleaning patch down the bore, followed up with a couple of dry patches. Reload, then start looking around for another target. Still, hickory nut shrapnel was raining down on my head. Unbelievable!

By now it it was after 11:00, getting warm out and flies were getting on the only squirrel I had pinned to me side. I knew that the other dead squirrels would soon be covered with files so I had no choice but to go gather up my squirrels as slowly and quietly as possible. After I finally found all of my squirrels, I headed out on the other side of the drainage towards that other tree that had a party going on. I went about 30 yards when I looked down and noticed I only had 3 squirrels pinned on my side. I thought "What the heck, I know I dropped 4 squirrels".

So back tracking I made my way in that same general area where my squirrels had been dropped. I stopped and was puzzled for a minute or two. Then I heard something that I recognized. It was flies, and lots of them. I looked up hill about 15 yards and there was my other squirrel. I somehow forgot about it. Reached down to grab ahold of it and "Pow", I just got stung by something. My guess is was a yellowjacket. As I slowly and quietly eased out of that area, yeppers, hickory nut shrapnel still raining down from that one tree.

During the walk out I had to keep swatting flies with my hat that were trying to light on my squirrels. It was constant. The temperature continued to climb and I was not only tired, but I was burning up as well.

Arriving back at my friends house and looking at the large thermometer, it had risen 19 degrees in the 5 hours I had been out.

Without doubt, this one was the most active, awesome, and rewarding squirrel hunts ever for me. Never before have I been smack dab in the middle of so many squirrels for such a long time. They literally were all around me the entire time once I made to that small location. I mean many, many squirrels. I would hate to guess at the number of squirrels was/are over in that small patch of woods. It was big business today!

I'm glad you had such a great hunt. You definitely deserve it. I like the fact that ya paid attention to the squirrel going to and fro. You figured him out and ya got him.
I hoping ya get back over to that honey and limit out.

Good going Brother.

I had just waisted 30 minutes of my squirrel hunting and decided I need a change of view. So, waded through some very thick stuff on the edge of an old creek branch. Saw two more squirrels right off the bat. One had hopped onto a smaller sapling and saw me. He was outta there. The other one went the opposite direction from where wanted to go and I was not about to waste any more time.

Scoping the close area out for a better place to hopefully get a shot from, all of as sudden "Bark, bark, bark. It was right behind me and very close, too. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I had to try anyway. So, I slowly turned around and at the same time pulling back the hammer, setting the set trigger, and raising my peep, the squirrel was no more than 12 yards behind me. He waited until I raised my rifle and start to get a bead, then...............zipp. He gone.

Still standing next to that same tree for going on two hours, I noticed one single squirrel that would truck up to the top of that tall hickory, grab a hickory nut, then run over to a nearby tree, set on the same limb and eat the nut. I noticed he did that two times at least. However, it was just a bit too far of a shot for me and there were secondary canopy limbs in the way. So, I said to myself, "okay ole buddy, if you go back up there to grab another hickory nut, I'm going to move closer, and if you come back down and if you stop on that same limb to eat again, I'm going to shoot you". So, I waited until he climbed back up for another nut then I slowly moved over to a closer tree. Sure enough, down came the squirrel and parked on that same limb again and started to eat. Only this time he was over to the side more and it wasn't the greatest shot he presented. Either way, took aim, studied it for a minute or so, then squeezed the trigger. Dead squirrel.

By now it was after 10:30 and the temperature was getting up there. However, after all that shooting, hickory nut shrapnel never stopped. Not once. Also, there was still the sound of hickory nuts being dropped in several different locations. Man, I was really liking this.

About the time I was considering trying to move again to another tree, something caught my eye above me. It was a squirrel that was apparently on his way out of there. There was an arched tree right next to me that was actually above my head. That darn squirrel ran straight towards me, looked down, saw me (it was no more than 12 feet from me) then he peaked his head over to look down at me. I was leaning up against my tree and ready. I fired and down came number 4 for the day. He landed no more than 5 feet from me.

By now it it was after 11:00, getting warm out and flies were getting on the only squirrel I had pinned to me side. I knew that the other dead squirrels would soon be covered with files so I had no choice but to go gather up my squirrels as slowly and quietly as possible. After I finally found all of my squirrels, I headed out on the other side of the drainage towards that other tree that had a party going on. I went about 30 yards when I looked down and noticed I only had 3 squirrels pinned on my side. I thought "What the heck, I know I dropped 4 squirrels".

During the walk out I had to keep swatting flies with my hat that were trying to light on my squirrels. It was constant. The temperature continued to climb and I was not only tired, but I was burning up as well.

That second Crockett would of come in handy today ey Amigo🤣. Good write up👍

I'm glad you had such a great hunt. You definitely deserve it. I like the fact that ya paid attention to the squirrel going to and fro. You figured him out and ya got him.

Good going Brother.
Not bad for a days work.
I don't fare so good after getting stung, never used to bother me now it about does me in.
Thanks, fellas. It was an excellent time for sure.

Good going Brother.
Fred, I’m not so sure about deserving it but I’m just sooo happy that it worked out pretty well.

Oh my gosh. 35 minutes in a pressure cooker, then roll in flower and cornmeal mixed, in a skillet for 35-45 minutes on medium low.
I'm going to try that with some grouse. Season opens next Sunday the first. No other small game till Oct 1st.
Hey Ed, just noticed that time. Are you using an InstantPot? If so you don't need to run them that long. Big ole tough dry chicken breasts I only run 10 min. But, hey, I can't argue with success if 35 worked.

View attachment 344480
Love the instant pot. I never would have bought one for myself but the kids gave me one. They are fast!
Not bad for a days work.
I don't fare so good after getting stung, never used to bother me now it about does me in.
I got stung 31 times a couple weeks ago. Still feeling the effects. Kinda worried if it might be worse next time.
Fred, I’m not so sure about deserving it but I’m just sooo happy that it worked out pretty well.
That's a great story there. I'm continually amazed at your patience at just hanging there and watching.

Had a bit of a different change in the game this morning right off the bat. I decided to walk in by remaining in the actual, small dried up creek bed due it still being dark and to avoid some thick brush. It’s easy to walk quietly for the most part. I’ve never been in that way but my plans were to sneak in undetected and remain east of the very active hickory. Somewhere over there was where I kept seeing and hearing hickory nuts being worked on heavily.

Well, I’m sorry to say, and no credit to me nor to my likin, even though it was getting somewhat daylight, it was so thick down in there that I wasn’t exactly sure how far away I was from my location yesterday. All I know is the drainage was getting deeper and narrower in many places to where the bank was higher than my knees. That didn’t settle so well with me. So, knowing I was getting real close anyway, I hopped up on the bank and took a few steps uphill. Stopped, looked around a little and listened, then as I took a couple of steps I noticed something move by my right foot but It blended in well and it was barely daylight in those dark woods. So I reached into my pocket and grabbed my LED and shined it down there. Sure enough, it was a baby copperhead about 12-14” long. It was uphill from me a little bit. I thought about stomping on it to prevent any noise now that I was close to the squirrel hood, but I couldn’t resist the opportunity. So I pulled the ramrod out from Mr. Crockett (due to the cleaning jag overhang a couple of inches) pulled back the hammer and slowly eased the muzzle as close as possible to that snakes head. That copperhead was somewhat coiled up. It was so close and on a hillside that when I shot, it just kind of made a muffled “thump” sound. Then no more snake. Wha, wha, wha, wha happened to my snake? I wanted my snake, dang it, but it was gone. So using my LED, I started scanning the area. I found what was left of that small copperhead about 3-4 feet up on the bank. I said to myself “oh great, Ed, way to go top knot. Not only did you just give away your position for a small copperhead that you could have easily stopped to death, but considering most of the time you to refuse to carry your cell, I have no way to take a pic of that slithering thing, it’s early and warm and I’m going to be out here for hours”. No flipping way was I going to put it into my possibles bag.

So, being the smart woodsman I am, I just stretched it out on a log thinking I’ll come back here on the way out and pick it up so I can get a pic of it. I knew it would be covered with flies by then but that’s the only rationale thing I could think of. Except it didn’t work out that way.

Back to my squirrel hunting I looked and looked for that arched tree where I was at yesterday but couldn’t see it. I knew I was close, and I did want to remain east of it anyway, but nothing looked familiar. So, I found a big boulder to park on and just watch and listened for a while. I was surprised that it took so long for the squirrels to get busy cutting on hickory nuts in the area. They didn’t really pick up well until almost 0900.

Long story short, I eventually had to make my way back to that one hickory via the sound of hickory nuts being dropped. I wound up with only 3 squirrels and I was getting tired. My knee is still giving me a fit and is mad about yesterday. However, I remained on scene until almost noon anyway. In the end it averaged out to be about one hour per squirrel. I certainly pulled back the hammer plenty of times only to have to ease it back down.

Thinking (and actually dreading) I was going to go back and find that stinking dead copperhead, that I was sure would be covered in flies, try as I did, I could not locate that log. I’m sure it was up stream from me now but I wasn’t about to walk back up there again to look for it. It was hot, very muggy and the squirrels that were pinned to my side were getting covered up with flies.

Time to get out of dodge. I am happy to have gotten the three squirrels that I did and really happy that Mr. Crockett got his first copperhead, even though it was a very small one. I’ve been hoping I’d run across one while Squirrel hunting however, I was also hoping it would be big enough to make a hat band out of.

Attachments

• IMG_2494.jpeg
    IMG_2494.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now for something different here. I’ve been bellyaching about this for a long time. Well, a few days ago I thought of this.

I’m forever getting ticked off by all the small sapling limbs and brush that most always happens to be close to every tree I try to stop next to. It makes it so darn difficult to remain hidden whenever having to move around when trying to get a reset off of the tree. Those darn limbs are always poking in my back and just being a royal pain.

So, even though I absolutely hate to pack anything with me that is not absolutely pertinent to my squirrel hunts, I’m finding these little Jews to be great. Instead of having to try to break off small limbs that usually won’t break, or involves a lot of noise and movement, I’ve found these work awesome. Hardly no noise and little movement. Just quietly snip off the limbs and easily move them off to the side.

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpeg
    IMG_2495.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Now for something different here. I’ve been bellyaching about this for a long time. Well, a few days ago I thought of this.

I’m forever getting ticked off by all the small sapling limbs and brush that most always happens to be close to every tree I try to stop next to. It makes it so darn difficult to remain hidden whenever having to move around when trying to get a reset off of the tree. Those darn limbs are always poking in my back and just being a royal pain.

So, even though I absolutely hate to pack anything with me that is not absolutely pertinent to my squirrel hunts, I’m finding these little Jews to be great. Instead of having to try to break off small limbs that usually won’t break, or involves a lot of noise and movement, I’ve found these work awesome. Hardly no noise and little movement.
Agreed. Very handy. I wrapped a bit of fluorescent duct tape around one of the handles of mine. In case I set them down, they won't disappear.

Latest posts

Back