• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will like Swiss. I prefer it, other than the additional cost. I find it to be cleaner burning and very accurate out of Mr. C.

Even the squirrels like Swiss better. Since I switched over to it, squirrels now line up and say “Pick me, ETipp, pick me”. 😁
I bought several cans of it when Graf's had their no hazmat, shipping fee deal a while back. I'm only going to use it in the Crockett, and maybe the CVA Squirrel Rifle. It should last me until Jesus comes, or I loose the rest of my marbles and they send off to the funny farm.

I bought several cans of it when Graf's had their no hazmat, shipping fee deal a while back. I'm only going to use it in the Crockett, and maybe the CVA Squirrel Rifle. It should last me until Jesus comes, or I loose the rest of my marbles and they send off to the funny farm.
That’s a good plan.

I’m hoping to do the same. Use something else in my big bores and save the Swiss for my squirrel rifles.

I'm thinking about getting some Swiss. Another fourm member who lives in the next county to the east. PMed me and said he might want to split an order on some powder. It would save the both of us some cash.

Yes, plenty of all kinds of fish. However, Lake Cumberland and the Cumberland River has their own ways that can differ from other locations. It can be difficult to figure it out. I’m not a bass fisherman but I have caught plenty of them. Just not my thing. I’m a die hard Flathead man.

Now a to be clear. I do not want to paint a false picture of this area. It’s not as much way out yonder as I like. That’s down in the Big SouthFork, which is on my to do list to Scout while trying to find a good location for our possible R O N D I.

I have a busy week planned.

Are not truck tailgates the best ever was? I use mine for all sorts of jobs. 😁
Love those flathead catfish 😀

Attachments

• 2E2D932B-99B4-48C0-8322-82150D90BBF6.jpeg
    2E2D932B-99B4-48C0-8322-82150D90BBF6.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I haven't seen them, carrying them, off but I've the seen shells on my shooting bench and a couple stumps out back. The hickories ate good size and falling off pretty heavy with these afternoon and evening thunderstorms we've been getting.
A week or so ago I saw squirrels in this one hickory tree. They were out on the tips of limbs, eating something. It didn't look like they were getting the nuts. I walked over and looked, it was buds. It's the only tree I found that is budding.
No doubt about it, squirrels here will eat those hickory buds and/or small hickory nuts as well. Then it appears they will leave them be for a while until they mature.

Yes, plenty of all kinds of fish. However, Lake Cumberland and the Cumberland River has their own ways that can differ from other locations. It can be difficult to figure it out. I’m not a bass fisherman but I have caught plenty of them. Just not my thing. I’m a die hard Flathead man.

Now a to be clear. I do not want to paint a false picture of this area. It’s not as much way out yonder as I like. That’s down in the Big SouthFork, which is on my to do list to Scout while trying to find a good location for our possible R O N D I.

I have a busy week planned.

Are not truck tailgates the best ever was? I use mine for all sorts of jobs. 😁
Got any Hushpuppies to go with those catfish

Latest posts

Back