• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

3" snow for the Wisconsin gun deer opener

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up..We'll be back in the icebox for the weekend..
One of my coworkers has a neighbor thats been breaking 5" of ice to duck hunt one of the bays in town..It was one cool November to remember!

Met another hunter and his young son at a parking area getting ready for an afternoon hunt..By closing time he was shooting the flint 58..and drinking the cool aid..He'll be coming out to the duck camp this spring to try my collection and see what he likes before he makes a purchace of his own...Man He had a grin you could not wipe off after shooting.
I did the frozen gallon jug trick with lots of visual effect. :thumbsup:
I'll be his mentor from the start.
He's got the fever bad!... :grin:

You lucky duck!! Oh, if only I had a place like that to hunt. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My brother-in-law sent me some pictures of one of his stands that he has on his property down just east of San Antonio. He has several commercially built stands with sliding glass windows that sit about 10 feet high. One is a double stand with a heater and two office chairs. He can take his wife hunting with him and they stay nice and warm inside the stand. He also takes a couple thermoses of coffee and something to eat. Several days ago, it got down to freezing and he had a thermometer inside his stand and it registered 72 deg. They have bagged several deer from this stand. Is he a smart hunter or just a lucky sissy? :idunno: :haha:

yep with you on that.....Hunted one day of TN ML season with the 58 Early VA and it was 16 degrees,It has been many years since it was that cold here during early November. I Passed a shot on a really large 3 pointer due to Hunting club rules 1st day of the season.Bet he weighed 175-190 pounds looked old too kinda like us with a pot belly :rotf: .I Have seen only 2 small doe since then and continue to see less deer than I can recall.Oh well that's why they call it hunting :doh:

Majg1234..Some of my best recalls are of the ones I did not shoot or the ones Ma-Ma-Ma-missed.
Always gives me a reason to stay focused.
I have them all named..... :grin:
Just think how much bigger he'll be the next time you see him.

Back