• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62cal shooters in the MLF?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
In wondering how popular .62cal muzzleloaders might be, thought I'd ask who all owns a .62cal ??

1) roundball (1 flint smoothbore, 1 flint rifle)
2)
3)
4)
etc

I've shot a 62 cal. 20 guage flinter for the last five years. Roundball as well as shot.
Personally, I feel it is the all purpose gun as I can take big game as well as small.

I have a .62 cal. Jacob Dubbs smooth rifle, a Type D trade gun in .62 cal (20 ga.), and a NW trade gun .62 (20 ga)

I have a .62cal French Fusil Fin (type c) trade gun. Also a .62 British Heavy Dragoon Pistol.

I have a Chambers .62 Virginia smoothrilfe that I am very fond of, it made one of the final two spots on the wall as I am working down to two guns.out to 60 yds this gun will shoot for me as well as I can do with a rifle.

I've got a 62 fullstock hawken rifle. bought it used in Oct. its my favorite already.

62 cal smoothbore Lyman Plains rifle (call to the Lyman reps said they never sold these?........other barrel is a 1-48 58 cal)

24".62 flint smoothbore canoe gun from Greg christian. neat little gun.

Bill

Not yet, but I just sent off a new .62 GM smoothbore barrel to Ed Rayl to have it rifled. (Thank you very much!) Hopefully I'll be using it next fall on a nice Roosevelt bull.

Dave

I shoot a .62 Fusil Fin by H. Dangler, mostly type C, 595 ball and 20 patch. No hunting yet, hope this year will recommence, ron in FL

Help, A 20 gauge flint smoothie has me in its grips and I can't escape.Now obsessed to build another. This must be their way of cloning.

I have a French tulle in smoothbore, just the thing for turkeys and deer out to 65 yards.

Back