• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone apply for or get tag draws yet?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg

Cannon
Reaction score
The 15th of this month was the deadline to apply for the limited ML and additional deer/Elk tags in Oregon, we won't know for about a month whether succsesfull or not.

tg said:
The 15th of this month was the deadline to apply for the limited ML and additional deer/Elk tags in Oregon, we won't know for about a month whether succsesfull or not.

YEP! Im in for the whitetail units in NE Oregon.

I beat the rush and put in for tags last month. Just a matter of waiting 'til June.

Here in Illinois we apply for deer tags in April. They don't send 'em out until July. We can check on-line earlier to see if we are successful in the lottery. I s'pose maybe I oughta check... :hmm:

Deadline in CO was early April. Results come out around first week of June.

Sheep is already out. I didn't draw :( No surprise! That's six years now. Might draw while I can still walk! :haha:

I'm in for antelope, elk and deer. Deer with bow and elk and antelope with rifle but will probably pack an ml gun instead of modern except for bow deer. Only the bow is an option with that tag.

I put in for a ML deer, and antelope. A ML elk is the ticket if I don't draw my first choice. Ron

The year starts on March 1st here in Tennessee for hunting and fishing permits.
I just get a "Sportsman's License" which covers everything - hunt, fish, trout stamp, regular firearm big game, muzzleloader big game, archery, trapping - about everything I need except the federal duck stamp. (Big game includes deer, boar, black bear, and turkey.)

Where I hunt in Massachusetts and Connecticut there are no draw hunts. It is all over the counter for deer, turkey and black bear( in Mass).

I do apply every year to Maine,Vermont and New Hampshire for a moose permit. That is a lottery which is very hard to get.

Put in today for North Dakota whitetail gun tags (got 3 points built up) and bought a preference point for Iowa, which will give me 2 for there for hopefully 2009 bow season. Most everything here in Maryland is over the counter, except bear, which I can't apply for until August, and a few Refuge hunts that the apps don't arrive until July.

I put in for ML Elk, Deer & Antelope. We'll see how it shakes out. We will know no later than July 10th. if we were successful or not. Good luck everyone!
Idaho PRB

just bought my moose tag . in ontario it's a calf tag and you put in for an adult draw ,mite draw bull, mite draw cow, mite be s o l .

there is 6 in our gang any one draws an adult tag we can all party hunt the tag.

one moose is enough... last one we shot we had nearly 70 lbs of meat each .

good luck with your draws y'all

Mr. tg,
We put in for Buffalo tags, as we have done for the last 16 years. No luck so far. Perhaps this year will be our lucky one.
Best Wishes

Yes Sir I Put in For ML Elk & Deer Westside
Got My Fingers Crossed For The Lottery.
------------------------
Dan-L

I put in for an elk tag in PA. They only give out 45 for the entire state so I'm not holding my breath. Would be really nice to draw one though.....

Deer, bear and turkey are over the counter, doe tags get applied for on the first Monday in August...not a day before.

Dan-L said:
------------------------
Dan-L

What units are you in for???

Used to tag alot off elk in the Tioga useing my Bow.....Ive "banged" ALOT of deer up and down the "west side" from Roseburg to Myrtle POint (my home town) from Siletz to Monmouth.....Ahhhh the good old days :wink:

Dan-L said:
------------------------
Dan-L

Used to tag alot of elk in the Tioga useing my Bow.....Ive "banged" ALOT of deer up and down the "west side" from Roseburg to Myrtle POint (my home town) from Siletz to Monmouth.....Ahhhh the good old days :wink:

Dan-L said:
------------------------
Dan-L

Used to tag alot of elk in the Tioga useing my Bow.....Ive "banged" ALOT of deer up and down the "west side" from Roseburg to Myrtle POint (my home town) from Siletz to Monmouth.....Ahhhh the good old days :wink:

Back