• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bad movies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I thought it was too lighthearted. Studios feel (perhaps rightly so) that if there isn't a romance angle then women won't go see it. Maybe they're right. But its ruined a whole lot of movies.
The Patriot needed to be a grim story. The romance angle only works if it fits organically into the plot, as with LotM. There the whole story is about the protagonist doing something he wouldn't have done otherwise because he was in love. The Patriot was a story about a middle-age warrior returning to his old savage ways for revenge. Dress it up and call it a reversion to the native savagery of man for the most natural of reasons. Romance only distracted from what the movie was actually attempting to be about, and so counterproductive as to make what could have been a great movie into a mediocrity.

I just happened to turn on the Patriot the other day for the first time. I am NOT a Mel Gibson fan. I was going to ask how closely the movie held to guns and such until I saw some of the actors taking (what looked like) really long accurately placed shots with their pistols. In regards to the church burning...... alas, they had to give our Australian hero a reason to gather his courage and defeat the horrible church burning villain guy with a sneaky Hulk Hogan-esque last second come back. Heck they should have awarded him a heart or a brain or even a ride back home on a hot air balloon for his sacrifice and dazzling display of courage. Yooo-Dee-Dum. :rotf:

Back