• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

barrel fore a great plains

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

great plains

32 Cal.
Reaction score
can you get a barrel short than 32 inch fore a great plains??? if yes where??? i'like the gun.. that weight is fore the birds :cursing: where i' hunt is mountains on top of mountains :redface: going to check track of the wolf :confused: thanks WORM :grin: WORM

got back from shooting RMC has replacement barrel fore it 24-28 inch long 225$$.. about 100$$ and you get a new flinter :grin: :grin: most of my muzzleloaders is inlines i'dont shot at deer 200yards where i' hunt you cannot see a deer 200yards :shocked2: most of my kills is inside of 50 yards :thumbsup: 5'8 130 pounds i'am on the small side :grin: i'dont shot 150 gr of powder dont like the recoil :shake: got done shooting 80 gr and a patch roundball :confused: can you post picture?? :confused: will post a few thanks WORM

a few picture's
IMG_0010.jpg
this is from the first target :grin:
IMG_0011.jpg
second target :confused: why is the second target lower than the first??? it been a long time since i' shot open site's :redface: these shot's are setting at 25 yards.. the back site is the adjustable site that came with the gun.. thanks WORM

You can buy a complete Lyman Deerstalker flinter from Midsouth Shooters Supply for $301.36. It's got a 24" barrel, and in my firsthand experience, it's one of the most accurate muzzleloaders available. Haven't tried conicals, but with a wide variety of powder charges it will stack PRBs into a ragged hole at 50 yards.

My wife hates muzzleheavy guns, and the Deeerstalker is just right for her with the center of gravity between your hands. Her 54 cal doesn't weigh much over 7 pounds and is fast as lightning to swing and shoot in close cover. The single trigger is surprisingly good. I'm fixing to buy one for myself, because she won't let me hunt with hers!

It's not a GPR, but in my book it's better for the kind of hunting you describe. And that's coming from a guy owning several GPRs and liking them a whole lot.

thanks brownbear that is one i'was looking at :shocked2: the trade rifle looks good. to lyman has it list at 8pounds.. thanks WORM

Eight pounds might be right on the money for the 50 cal, but the 54 is distinctly lighter. I forgot to mention that it also comes with sling swivel studs installed. My wife really likes that feature.

stock sights that came on the great plains suck big time. You can make a very inexpensive investment and order some nice sights that are to your liking.

the front site suck's :cursing: the back seam's to be a good site.. got the tip on the front site paint white :hmm: muzzle opens nov1 :thumbsup: thanks WORM

Latest posts

Back