• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel seasoning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard,

If you are so bothered by a new guys post do us all a favor and don't waste your time responding

No added value at all.

Richard Eames said:
This will start another new fight, let the battle begin. I like the mixture and have used it for years.

Works well and folks are going to go crazy about using hydrogen peroxide in their barrels.

....and you have the gall to call someone else stupid?? :youcrazy:

In response to your ending comment....I would hope that with your experience and knowledge that you would search out the new and inexperienced and offer assistance. This action and the more positive responses on this board is what will help keep this sport (obsession)alive and well. :v

Richard Eames said:
Let the fight begin for 1,999 times.

Seasoning, geez.
How do I sight in my gun.
How do I clean my gun.
How do I pull a stuck brass brush.
Sprue up or or down.

And these folks are allowed to handle loaded fire arms on public ranges without adult supervision?

Durn scary.
If you feel that the members of this forum are beneath you, perhaps you should find another forum that suits you better?

One more post like this and I'll help you leave.

If you feel that the members of this forum are beneath you

I'm not taking sides, and I'll let Richard speak for himself.....BUT I thing maybe you guys are missing his point..
Considering I have seen everything from dropped guns to accidental discharges to double charges to blown up guns on the firing line......I think there is some merit in what he says....

One of the few things that gives me some "peace of mind" is that Newbies have this forum as a resource and it's collective knowledge.
However I also think that if one can't take criticism their ability to handle a gun safely, may be in question.
:2 :v

Claude,
There use to be a permanent locked informational topic entitled "why we don't season our barrels".
What happened to it?

Seems like if it was still around for people to read a lot of this confusion could be avoided.
:idunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
colorado clyde said:
If you feel that the members of this forum are beneath you

I'm not taking sides, and I'll let Richard speak for himself.....BUT I thing maybe you guys are missing his point..
Considering I have seen everything from dropped guns to accidental discharges to double charges to blown up guns on the firing line......I think there is some merit in what he says....
He was criticizing the questions members ask on this forum. I stand by my comments to him.

Thanks for not taking sides - is that different than supporting his position?

There it is... :thumbsup:
I wanted to post a link to it early on but couldn't find it....
Maybe it would have prevented some argument....or maybe not. :idunno:

From where I was sitting all I saw was two sides yelling at each other based on their own perceptions and no one was listening..

Also, I saw a mob beginning to form and intervened. I'd do it for most anyone......Even done it for you in the past...

:grin:

colorado clyde said:

From where I was sitting all I saw was two sides yelling at each other based on their own perceptions and no one was listening..

Also, I saw a mob beginning to form and intervened.
They can disagree and yell all they want, they just can't make personal attacks.

If someone sees a question they don't like, they shouldn't criticize it, they should ignore it.

I agree....and I can understand how someone might take it personally..
But.....

Seasoning, geez.
How do I clean my gun.
Sprue up or or down.

And these folks are allowed to handle loaded fire arms on public ranges without adult supervision?

Durn scary.

I don't see a personal attack.
All I see is frustration wrapped in sarcasm....If it was said face to face with the right facial expression it might even be humorous......

Personal attack????? unless you deleted part of the conversation, I just don't see it. :idunno:

:surrender: :v :grin:

colorado clyde said:
I agree....and I can understand how someone might take it personally..
But.....

Seasoning, geez.
How do I clean my gun.
Sprue up or or down.

Durn scary.

All I see is frustration wrapped in sarcasm....If it was said face to face with the right facial expression it might even be humorous......

Personal attack????? unless you deleted part of the conversation, I just don't see it. :idunno:

:surrender: :v :grin:
I'm not going to debate this. He posted what he did because the member asked about seasoning.

He posted this is reference to the members who post on this forum: "And these folks are allowed to handle loaded fire arms on public ranges without adult supervision?"

colorado clyde said:
You post a question and immediately someone says this to you.

Seasoning, geez.
How do I clean my gun.
Sprue up or or down.
Who the hell do you think he's referring to if not the guy that just posted the question? To deny that he's calling it a stupid and redundant question is ridiculous. :shake:

Richard Eames said:
In all honesty, if a person's concerns are how to season a barrel, how to clean it and how to sight it in, the last place I wish to be is shooting next to that person.

See. That's where we differ. What better place to be to educate someone who obviously needs instruction? He ain't gonna get any better at it sitting at home, and if you practice but are doing it wrong you just learn how to do it wrong very well.

Sometimes it's better to extend a hand in help than as a slap. I've never been there, but for some reason they call the place "Friendship", do they not?

To deny that he's calling it a stupid and redundant question is ridiculous

Hi Jack,

Yes, "stupid" seems to have been implied, and redundant is a fact since it has been discussed many times before...
Ridiculous?? Might describe us, as well as the situation.

I got the rope, Do you know how to tie the knot?

Sometimes it's better to extend a hand in help than as a slap. I've never been there, but for some reason they call the place "Friendship", do they not?

Forget the rope boys......Let's get a chisel and scribe that comment in stone. :hatsoff:

Seriously! That comment should be added to the "current quote" corner as it embodies the muzzleloading spirit.

Back