• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Building me a N.W. tradegun. Again ! :D

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First two shots , 25 yards , just below point of aim , the X . File the sight a bit ... patched .600 RB , 60 gr. 2F . I fired one shot of #6 shot and the pattern was so huge im not even going to post it , LOL ...covered the whole target ! ... I ll have to work on that :)

Attachments

• IMG_20231018_134806.jpg
    IMG_20231018_134806.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
If you don’t keep this one … I am going to buy it from you … and make DAYUM sure you keep it at YOUR house!
I'm keeping her bud :) I sure appreciate your extremely generous offer on the last gun I made... I could never do that though . Thank you , so very kind of ya

Last edited:
Split tails love NW trade guns too ! LOL ! :D
Yes you behave your self .scared to show that shot pattern eh that’s one
area where ole slim might have you beat lol .You keep practicing bud and never mind the split tails focus focus ..lol by the way that sure is a pretty gun?

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
area where ole slim might have you beat lol .You keep practicing bud and never mind the split tails focus focus ..lol by the way that sure is a pretty gun?
LOL !! Thought you'd like the split tail pic !! :D My NW trade gun with a 40" barrel can't hold a f&$#in candle to your short NW gun ! I only shot an ounce of shot in it twice at 25 yards... It was pathetic , really bad LOL . I ll have to make some shot cups , but not today . I'll get her . These straight bored barrels always suck for shot patterns ,I'll get er though ...

Last edited:
" That sure is a pretty gun ? " You ain't sure if its pretty or not ? :D
QUOTE="WALT53, post: 2456223, member: 18104"]
area where ole slim might have you beat lol .You keep practicing bud and never mind the split tails focus focus ..lol " by the way that sure is a pretty gun? " Question mark ?/
pretty gun ? " You dont know ifn its a pretty gun or not ? Ah man ?! :D[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Here is the last muzzleloader that Doc White (GRRW fame) built before his passing on.

This is a beauty and as seen on thiese videos, shoots very well using "Kentucky Windage" to make up for no rear sight (keeping within the match rules).

Fun stuff ...

D@mn ....eveeytime I look at this group , I am SO envious !! LOL ! Can I have that barrel back ?! LOL :D

Rob, try the 'Sky Chief loading' info for straight bored bores:

“Having been asked about the load and its makeup enough times, I will list the recipe here for reference sake.

I'm ignorant in the the ways of posting a link to some of the older threads regarding the load. If any of you are willing and able to do so, all the better. Some are a couple years old, maybe older. It seems some members are having difficulty finding them.

-Powder charge
-Nitro (hard) card
-Shot load
-Thin overshot card
-Full fiber cushion wad*

The cushion wad needs to be SATURATED (the wetter and heavier, the better) with oil. I like to use olive oil. The load seems to shine best when used in cylinder bored guns.

Best of luck to all, Skychief.”

Rob, try the 'Sky Chief loading' info for straight bored bores:

“Having been asked about the load and its makeup enough times, I will list the recipe here for reference sake.

I'm ignorant in the the ways of posting a link to some of the older threads regarding the load. If any of you are willing and able to do so, all the better. Some are a couple years old, maybe older. It seems some members are having difficulty finding them.

-Powder charge
-Nitro (hard) card
-Shot load
-Thin overshot card
-Full fiber cushion wad*

The cushion wad needs to be SATURATED (the wetter and heavier, the better) with oil. I like to use olive oil. The load seems to shine best when used in cylinder bored guns.

Best of luck to all, Skychief.”
Oh yeah bud ! Its definitely on my list of things to do ! :)

Ok ... So I tried shootin er with shot again . 1 1/8 oz. #6 , 60 gr. 2F , The first shot , for you @WALT53 , at20 yards , it was so horrible it wasn't worth taking a picture of , wasn't marking the holes , then I tried one of my cups and shot it at 25 yards ...as you can see , d@mn happy with the shot pattern using the cup !.....those are all the same target just couldnt get a good pic with the sun way it was . D@mn happy with that ...gonna try some RB now ....then coffee time ... Bobba buoy !! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20231024_151035.jpg
    IMG_20231024_151035.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231024_151015.jpg
    IMG_20231024_151015.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231024_151200.jpg
    IMG_20231024_151200.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231024_151432.jpg
    IMG_20231024_151432.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231024_144550.jpg
    IMG_20231024_144550.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231024_151432.jpg
    IMG_20231024_151432.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231024_151446.jpg
    IMG_20231024_151446.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here's another " Damn ole Trade gun build OleSwede .... Not sure , dont think this'll TAG ya , ....we'll see ... Hmmmm.... Crazy thing is , drum roll .... I still got this one ! Funny , how I get to keep things when I'm single !! LMAO !! True too ... Two flintlocks on the wall and money saved ...go figure ! :)

Back