• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Describe what kind of a ML Shooter you are

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akapennypincher

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Below are a few description i have heard about why folk like shooing Muzzleloaders.

Serious Target Shoot, one who is interested in Winning Medal, recognition, or just about an Prize offer Off of a Prize Blanket

Serious Target Shoot, one who is interested is just the competitive aspect of Competition

Target Shooter/Plinker who is just having fun, and want most of the Round Ball to Go into the Black

Plunker who use shooting muzzleloader as a escape from the day to day job stress, life stress, etc. Want to get out and make black Smoke, as it is cheaper than $125.00/hr for a SHRINK.

I hunt with, and Shoot Muzzleloaders as I have a better chance of getting Drawn for a Deer, Elk, Jalvina, or ?? In the State I live in because we got more hunter, than Tags.... :shake:

Target Shooter/Plinker who is just having fun, and wants most of the Round Balls to Go into the Black.

Sometimes I have very good days and sometimes I have disappointing good days but they are all good days when I'm buring powder. :grin:

Iam a target shooter/plinker who does so because he loves to burn powder, and it keeps me tuned up for hunting season! :thumbsup:

I just shoot cause I enjoy it :thumbsup: . I shoot to have fun, till hunting season that is, then I hunt to have fun, may not even get a shot off. :hatsoff:

Mainly hunting and plinking---

Partly to relive and challenge myself with tools of the past.....

Can't have things TOO easy, ya know.... :haha:

Legion

I'm a target shooter/Plinker. When shooting I always use thesame load I'd use for deer hunting. I just like to see the ball go into the black.

I don't do to much competetive shooting anymore as I find that it can get a little to vicious at times. I just like to have fun and enjoy the fellowship.

I am a hunter at heart. Here in IL. it is either shotgun or muzzleloader. The muzzleloader is more accurate and lethal. I have always held to the one shot one kill concept anyway. Now I find I really enjoy working up a load, the smoke, the whole darn thing. Having a lot of fun!

plinker,plunker and hunter. i kinda like traditional muzzeloaders because they are so darn good lookin curly maple, brass, silver, carving, all the right curves some times i dont have to shoot them i can sit there hold them and look at them kind of soothes over the days problems.

curly maple

PLINKER/PLUNKER... :redface:

Living in the Metro San Francisco Bay Area, there are only a few ranges to shoot at, and we have to drive hours to where we shoot cannons...

Kinda makes a guy jealous wih all of the talk about nearby hunting, shootin' in the woods, etc. :( :( :(

Usually, when I get to the range, I spend more time explaining what I am shooting and catching up with old friends than actually shooting. :shake: :nono:

Target Shooter/Plinker who is just having fun, and want most of the Round Ball to Go into the Black

-AND-

Plunker who use shooting muzzleloader as a escape from the day to day job stress, life stress, etc. Want to get out and make black Smoke, as it is cheaper than $125.00/hr for a SHRINK.

:blah:

Biggest reason is that I LIKE GUNS...especially anything with rifling in the bore.... AND HUNTING! Second is as Legion said, I thoroughly enjoy doing things the way our forebears did. Third, I shoot a lot because I can, as I've always chosen to be a landowner and live in the country, and I don't want game to suffer. Matches, rondesvous and reenactments are enjoyable social events for me.

Vic

I am a
Serious Target Shooter who is interested in Winning Tournaments and/or get an Prize offer Off of a Prize Blanket,enjoying the competitive aspect of Competition - but : who likes just having fun while being sucessfull :grin:

I guess I would fall in the Target Shooter/Plinker category. I shoot well enough to win occasionally but if winning was all I was there for I would not bother. Getting a little too old to compete with guys in the their mid twenties and thirties.

I just try to better my personal best and have fun. I really enjoy primative shooting. The conversation behind the line is as much fun as shooting.

i'm a target shooter/plinker. i just love to shoot. i also love to compete in bp or service rifle. i shoot against myself, even though there may be other shooters.

Target shooter, if plinking and woodswalks are target shooting. I don't compete with anyone but myself. I'm a hunter, too, and most often go into the woods in a fairly close approximation of late 1700's period clothing. The precise thread count or cut of the clothes doesn't concern me so much as being able to experience what it felt like to hunt and walk the ground at that time. My striving to be the best shot I can derives from the sense of satisfaction it gives me, and the feeling that if I'm going to kill an animal I have a responsibility to do it as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Birds! Although I've done it once or twice, it is hard to get flying critters with a bow and arrow.

My modern shotguns are heavy, ugly, and have no style or character. I like the additional level of skill / commitment required; i.e., working up different loads, figuring out which works best, and so on. It makes the successes more meaningful to me.

Target shooter/plinker. Yes, I do enjoy getting the roundball in the black. Also working up loads, ball, patch, powder combinations. Mainly because it is fun. Also keeps me tuned up for hunting. When hunting, I want my gun handling/marksmanship to be second nature.

Back