• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Describe what kind of a ML Shooter you are

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want you to know ...I have read every post. My brother that I rarely visit with came over today. He lives on the coast and I live in the hills. We've had our differences over the years and grown apart. His visit was unexpected and surprize and soon I could tell that he was planning to stay awhile. Well we hunted and fished together as kids and Our daddy would take us Bird hunting with the best dogs in the country but he wouldn't allow us to have anything to do with a rifle. And muzzleloading wasn't even invented yet. Anyway, after we talked I started pulling guns out of the safe and showing him my smoothbore. I showed him how to load it for shot and the wads and the possibles. He listened very intently and showed alot of interest during the entire presentation. Then, he said ..."yea, I don't have to mess with all of that... I just use the pellets". My point is ...I found muzzleloader hunting and shooting and history and friends...

I'm a plinker putter arounder , I have dozens of smokeless guns from the oldest to the newest and I compare shooting them to playing nickle and quarter slot machines cause thats what it costs every time you pull the trigger . It's fun for a few years but it needs something more to be satisying so then you get into reloading to keep the cost down and keep the envolvement up . then if you'r lucky you run into someone that shows you the ropes in muzzeloading and the light goes on now you get to shoot and reload maybe even wander around a little while shooting , if your lucky enough to be in an area whare you can hunt thats even better . Shooting smokeless is an activity but shooting bp is an artform it's an art of sculptured wood and metal smoke and leather it's a study in history . I really think bp is more for the older shooters I have two wonderful boys in their early 30s and they just don't get it when they see the old man having so much fun with his black powder toys but thats ok I was there once . We all live out in the country and they have no desire to move too the city so I know they are on the right track . Hopefully by the time they are ready for bp I'll have a pile of muzzeloaders for them to learn on while their kids won't quite get it .

I just like shooting guns. All guns. I like to tinker with guns to. :grin:
It's also neat that no real special tools are needed to make a black powder gun.
Lehigh...

"Target Shooter/Plinker who is just having fun, and want most of the Round Ball to Go into the Black"

This describes me pretty well. I like to go out with one of my sons or a few friends and spend a few hours punching holes in paper or some other target. I am thinking about going on a hog hunt.
Dave

Plinker/plunker. I don't get a lot out of punching holes in paper. I like to see things happen so I shoot at water jugs, balloons, coke cans etc.

I mostly like killing birds , wether they be flesh , bone and feather or made of clay. I havn't owned a muzzleloading rifle since 1996. :(

Well I really am getting to like building them..and the test is to see if they will shoot straight and make meat!! :thumbsup:

I am also an 18th century history afficianado and the longrifles/smoothbores are just plain romantic!! So I hunt mostly and target shoot to sight them in and practice loading etc. I hunt with my flintlocks only. don't own a suppositoy gun anymore and a caplock is just the wrong peiod for my interests. Besides the stories you guys telll keep me pretty challenged to try lots of things I hadn,t heard of or thought of before. :bow:

I'm a wanne be sreious target shooter who doesn't have enough time. Also a hunter.

Used to shoot seriously, then the kids came along, and now I have 10 and 14 year olds that are willing to get involved with me and become target shooters and hunters. I'm having a blast all over again!

I'm a serious target shooter interested in firing perfect shots. I don't care much about winning but I damn sure care about perfection in each shot I fire. I shoot air pistol, Free Pistol, and muzzle loaders in competition and even though I'm past 60 and my eyes are not what they once were I still want to fire perfect shots.

Freedom isn't free

Doug in Virginia

Hunter and gun tinkerer/builder. Shoot to make sure that the gun does what it needs to do when hunting and for the sheer joy. Don't shoot as much as I want. Just signed a contract on house and land in the woods. Will shoot everyday when we move in :) GC

Ok....here goes....

Overweight, balding, bad eyes, don't hear so good, got crooked teeth, my knees are bad, don't earn as much as I'd want.....

Other than that, I just love to shoot! :grin:

Well I like to hunt with my dad using ML's, also we have our little competitions that we joke about. That's the main reason love spending time with the old man.

Also there is something about them in genral. I can go to the range and see people with their glocks, 1911's, ak's or ar15, or whatever hunting rifle the happen to be shooting.

I enjoy shooting modern guns, but there is something about the smoke from a ML, and the history behind them that makes them far more interesting to me.

I mean, how many shooters can say that they have fired a gonne, heck how many know what even one is?

I shoot to hunt and kill. When that set trigger slips, I want to see something die. That is my stress relief.

Plinker/hunter.
Tried the builder part a long time ago, found out I'm really good at making ugly guns.
Really like "fun" competions, novelty shoots, etc. not so big on formal stuff.
Would like to get more into the rendesvous aspect, but there's the money thing.

Back