• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dry balling - why won't it come out??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my ML to the gun shop after my apt with my oncologist (close by). I don't have the stamina like I used to, but after reading some suggestions I did soak it in hot/soapy water. When the carbon was cleared out of the cavity the nipple screws in to (not sure what it's call) I think that was one of my problems not able to get more BP in the cavity. I'll learn from this. Thank you all for your suggestions & comments. Sorry to have stirred things up with my stupidity...
William,
You did not stir anything up nor was your question stupid in any way. It was an honest question - you got some good advise and some very bad advise. As a beginner, it may difficult to distinguish between the two, but people here are very willing to help. We've all been there, as you can tell from the responses.

Don't appologise, William. You asked an honest question and got quite a few good answers. You didn't stir anything up - it was some insensitive posting. By the way, this forum has an ignore function found in your profile. I just used it for the first time for an especially obnoxious gentleman and, by golly, it works like a charm.

Don't appologise, William. You asked an honest question and got quite a few good answers. You didn't stir anything up - it was some insensitive posting. By the way, this forum has an ignore function found in your profile. I just used it for the first time for an especially obnoxious gentleman and, by golly, it works like a charm.
You are correct. It worked for me too. Thanks for the suggestion RS.

William,
Apology is not accepted as it was never needed. Your question was, and remains quite valid. Sift and sort through the responses for what will work for you. Just remember to keep things safe.
As an fyi... my first dryball was shortly after aquiring my first muzzlegun and trying to remove with the ramrod just like you did. It didn’t work! As I was working very remote at the time, there was no stores nearby (or even roads). It took all of the people within miles of us (thats 3 people) to come to a solution, which was the grease gun method. Worked like a dream btw. Messy but worked. Since then I still dryball periodically but now exclusively use the powder under the nipple method, which has never failed.
Don’t be discouraged and keep asking.
Walk

8bore, your a joke. Your arrogance is amazing.
This feller came here for help. He does not want a stupid arrogant person jumping on him. He wants help and most reasonable men here have offered him all the help he needs, except that is for you!
Pulling the breech plug may if not done correctly totally mash the outside of his rifle. Are you going to fix that for him should he react to your bullying manners?
I will assume and say I think not because your the type that gets a weird sick kick out of seeing someone else's misery.

You sir are a discouragement, a disappointment and a rude man.
You sir are contributing to making sure no one comes here for advise. You sir are a sham, a double agent, a miserable man.
Why don't you go film yourself removing one of your breech plugs and show us all just how easy it is? Or are you to chicken?

May the OP get the stuck ball out and he will. He has loads of options other than removing the breech plug. I just hope he is not deterred by the caustic arrogance by some here!

B.
Kinda sounds like the guy that everyone wondered where is at thread don't he?

Not mr. Brits, he is a gentleman, that is a compliment over here, but ole 8 bore has some things in common with cc.
Sorry, it wasn't clear from the post. CC could be blunt and some people don't appreciate blunt.

I'm closing this topic.
The OP's question has been answered by many good people and more than enough has been said by some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back