• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we now put our extra zucchini through a food processor, bag it, freeze it, and use it all year long as soup base or ratatouille base
That's something we should probably do too. We usually have a good surplus of zucchinis. Since our son moved out of state, she doesn't make as much bread. He could eat a whole loaf by himself. Canning the bread was a trial run last year. We'll do a lot more this year.

Finally! A break in the weather, new tiller. Max the bassett hound tracking bunnies nicely. We nearly finished 1 1/2 acres last night before a nice rain that's been coming off and on since (just enough to soak in, stop awhile, then a little more). Won't bore with what's planted, stuff coming up looks like Mother Earth News. Life's good this afternoon. Happy Cicada season! Noisy buggers.

Finally! A break in the weather, new tiller. Max the bassett hound tracking bunnies nicely. We nearly finished 1 1/2 acres last night before a nice rain that's been coming off and on since (just enough to soak in, stop awhile, then a little more). Won't bore with what's planted, stuff coming up looks like Mother Earth News. Life's good this afternoon. Happy Cicada season! Noisy buggers.
Good deal. I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with a garden that big! You probably go through a lot of canning jar lids!🤣

Management (wife) should buy 'em by the case, but no, every year it's the same thing.."Im out of lids and jars, so go find some." Jellies/jams start with dandelion jelly, ended with paw-paws. She had so many cantaloupes last year people would close their curtains and not answer the door when we drove up to give them more. Marry an Osage County farm girl from Frankenstein, Missouri and you will always eat well. One of our yellow tom cats weighs 26 pounds, if that's any indication. No one goes away hungry.

My back pain does appear to be easing a little but I am still not about to yank on the Tiller's pull cord. Or is it pull on the yank cord? I always prided myself in keeping my garden clean, but there are thousands of weeds taking over as I speak. Maybe Monday with a hoe. Oh by the way we are having tomato slices tonight.

The beans here at the camp are really producing well. Picked these today and have a paper bag full in the refrigerator. Tomorrow I’ll cook some and freeze the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_3908.jpeg
    IMG_3908.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Management (wife) should buy 'em by the case, but no, every year it's the same thing.."Im out of lids and jars, so go find some." Jellies/jams start with dandelion jelly, ended with paw-paws. She had so many cantaloupes last year people would close their curtains and not answer the door when we drove up to give them more. Marry an Osage County farm girl from Frankenstein, Missouri and you will always eat well. One of our yellow tom cats weighs 26 pounds, if that's any indication. No one goes away hungry.
Feel your pain buddy. Married an Italian woman. I learned early if you didn't eat "enough", it hurt her feelings. Worse problems in life to have though😉

My back pain does appear to be easing a little but I am still not about to yank on the Tiller's pull cord. Or is it pull on the yank cord? I always prided myself in keeping my garden clean, but there are thousands of weeds taking over as I speak. Maybe Monday with a hoe. Oh by the way we are having tomato slices tonight.
If my rusty steel trap of a memory is correct Louis, don't you have a nephew close that can help you get that machine going until your all mended up?

Agreed ! Management's almost legendary around here for homemade canned things. Brown truck delivery folks, road grader guy, mailman, dumpster dumper, ...everybody gets something whether it be jelly, saurkraut, salsa, ..or the dreaded cantaloupe. Ozempic's supposed to make people lose weight, but thanks to her cooking, I say "nay-nay" (15 pounds heavier). Creamed turnips soon !!

We freeze the processed zucchini in half gallon and one gallon ziplock bags. Pull them out yearlong for a pot of zucchini soup (simmer with two diced onions, garlic, lots of salt, pepper), or throw on a skillet with a couple frozen whole tomoatoes for ratatouille and some fried eggs. Can't go wrong

Agreed ! Management's almost legendary around here for homemade canned things. Brown truck delivery folks, road grader guy, mailman, dumpster dumper, ...everybody gets something whether it be jelly, saurkraut, salsa, ..or the dreaded cantaloupe. Ozempic's supposed to make people lose weight, but thanks to her cooking, I say "nay-nay" (15 pounds heavier). Creamed turnips soon !!
Almost bought a jar of spicy kraut today from an Amish Farmers Market. I had visions of smoked sausages cooked over charcoal with spicy kraut and hot mustard slathered on it. When I asked the lady what they put in it to make it spicy and she told me horseradish, the record scratched and my song was over. I'm allergic to horseradish. Some guys were born rich, or smart, or handsome. I was just born.🤷

If my rusty steel trap of a memory is correct Louis, don't you have a nephew close that can help you get that machine going until your all mended up?
The only relative that is close by is recovering from his own hernia operation last week. His son could help but he's only 9 or 10. That tiller is bigger than my great nephew.

Isn't it a shame the Summer Heat won't knock out the weeds.It sure knocks me out.
I'm pretty happy with the weed barrier we put down. Wish I would have tried it years ago. It has its drawbacks, but not having to weed like it's a part time job is worth it. I'm still kicking around the idea of a raised bed for asparagus, garlic, onions and brussel sprouts.

I don't know..

I save shopping bags. For everything.

You know there all cheap now and weak.

The ones I get.. I buy tobacco to make my own cigarettes.

There good plastic bags, they have the goods ones.

Attachments

• 17173629844251551550907944456731.jpg
    17173629844251551550907944456731.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
They have a nest in my lawn.. I think there big enough now. Little things moving around under the grass.

Latest posts

Back