• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goex FFg, W. New York $21.95 + tax.
Small shop about 15 mile drive.
He mentioned something about a lot of Regulations.
First ever purchase of BP, I'll shop around next time.

Guns and Stuff in Whitwell, TN cost me about $26.00 for one pound of fff goex

I need to look at ordering a case.

Jerem0621

can of goex in MA go's for around $15.00 and there are only two shops that i know of in MA that carry it.

jerem0621 said:
Guns and Stuff in Whitwell, TN cost me about $26.00 for one pound of fff goex

I need to look at ordering a case.

Jerem0621

Guess I'm just lucky to live close to cheap supplier.

Called the local place (only distributor in the whole Phoenix area). A couple of months ago they were selling it for $12 a pound--which was up from $11 a few months before. Today, called them up and they said $13.

I may see what I can get it for at the NMLRA Western Regional Shoot just outside of Phoenix later this month. (Anyone have any knowledge, or even guesses, about what it'll sell for there?) Is the powder tent at the NMLRA event likely to sell for more, or less, than $13 a pound?

$25.00 a pound for GOEX at one place, $14.00 a pound for Graf&Sons at another.

The last can of Goex I bought was at Kesselrings in Alger WA. It was close to $18.00.

about 11.75 I read a post somewhere a while ago that we need to buy from goex think if they went under all that would be left would be forien companys selling to us. I was going to try some swiss before I thought about this, now I will buy goex only. hope the rest of us also do.

I must be really lucky. I am getting mine for $10.85 a lb. He is into the NSSA and his club buys it in large lots. :thumbsup:

Just talked to my supplier yesterday, $18.50 a lb.. The last I bought alst year was $15.50 a lb.!
Does anyone know the price to have a case delivered?
Also who are you buying a case from?

Check the links here for suppliers. But Graf & sons, and Powder, INc. are two of the firms most often mentioned. You can google GOEX to get a map of the US and the name and phone number, and sometimes an email address from your local distributor. Call them and find out what they will charge to ship a case of powder to you. Then check prices with the other two suppliers and order a case or two. The more powder you buy, the cheaper the haz mat fee, as you pay only one haz mat fee per shipment, whether you order 5 lbs. or 50 lbs. Prices went up on January 1, but I think you can still get a case delivered to your door for less than $12.00 per lbs. That is the price of the powder, taxes, shipping, handling, and Haz mat fees all together. Talk to other shooters and have them chip in to split the case(s), and also benefit from the savings. If you belong to a club, put up a notice, and your phone number, or start calling members to see if they would like to order powder with you. It usually does not take much time to get an order for at least one case, and often you will have enough to fill a couple of orders for 2 cases.

50cal.cliff said:
Just talked to my supplier yesterday, $18.50 a lb.. The last I bought alst year was $15.50 a lb.!
Does anyone know the price to have a case delivered?
Also who are you buying a case from?

I just recieved a 25 can case from Powder Inc last week, all Goex. Price delivered was $11.85 per can. Total $296.25. I think they sell KIK for $10.85 per can if you buy the same size case.

Salt

Hey JCW have you tried contacting the local BP club? I believe they have a range in Alger. I bet you can find some folks to go in on a case. Heck I might even do that if we can get it cheap enough. I'm up north too. The fellas at Kesselrings know me by name. LOL.

Paul, you are real close on the estimated price delivered. I just ordered a case of Goex and it comes to $11.20/# including HazMat but not shipping. I don't know what that will be until I get the box of powder as the guy I order from ships with an invoice. Goex powder was $10.50/1# can, HazMat $20. I was going to order another part case but it would have been another HazMat charge. I mistakenly thought you could order up to 50# on one HazMat, but the supplier said no. You CAN store up to 50# of black powder with out having to have a powder magazine, maybe that is where I got mixed up.

Latest posts

Back