• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goex retail mark up.

Last week I happened to be out near the nearest Goex distributor, about a 5 hour drive round trip, but I was out there for a different reason and just took advantage of being close to stop in. I bought 2 cans of 2f for $10.50 each (should have bought more, but they only take cash, and that's all the cash I had at the time). I asked him if there was any place closer to my home that sold it, since I called all the gun stores and sporting goods stores around and they all said they didn't carry any BP. He told me that he sells to one particular store in my area, which is interesting, because when I called that store less than a month ago they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if they sold Goex black powder.

Well, I went to that store yesterday, and they do carry it. Can’t imagine why the didn’t tell me that on the phone. :hmm: But here’s the interesting thing to me: their price is $20 a can!

Even if he pays the same price I paid to the distributor, which I doubt, I expect he gets a wholesale discount, that’s still almost a 100% mark up! Business is business I understand, but that seems a bit excessive to me.

melsdad, I don't know where in Allegheny Co. you live, but there is a place up near Saxonburg that has Goex for $15/lb too. The place is called Sportsman's Supply Co. The guys there are great and the accessories there are ALOT cheaper than Gander. You can but black english flints there for less than $1 and the only ones I've seen at Gander are the four packs for $10. They've got tons of ML stuff and the prices are very reasonable, if not downright cheap. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back