• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got #11 CCI caps in Walmart today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still using the Dixie caps I bought in the 70's for $3.00 per thousand and the Eley musket caps marked Made For Her Majestys Service in India my pap bought from Kirk White for .75 a roll in the late 50's . I have converted a Renegade to use SR primers but I worry about the nipple I have as they do not seem to make it any more .

Found some at my local gun shop. All of my rifles use Musket Caps, Zouave, Hawken and Smith Carbine.
CCI 11 caps.jpg

I believe they are no more at our local Walmart. I asked 2 different employees, and got 2 different answers. One said more coming, the other said no. 🤷

I checked the Wally World's in both Logan and Lancaster Ohio. Everyone bought them all the minute they showed up on the shelf. The employee at Lancaster said they won't be ordering any more. Unless you are there while they are hanging the caps on the peg hook, forget about getting any. You'll be able to find those same caps at the local gunshows for $35 a tin.
Ohio Rusty ><>

I checked the Wally World's in both Logan and Lancaster Ohio. Everyone bought them all the minute they showed up on the shelf. The employee at Lancaster said they won't be ordering any more. Unless you are there while they are hanging the caps on the peg hook, forget about getting any. You'll be able to find those same caps at the local gunshows for $35 a tin.
Ohio Rusty ><>
Yep, I've seen the local show's table with the $35 sticker on the tin!

There are two local Wally worlds near me. Both had over twenty packs last week, both have only two packs left as of yesterday. You just have to keep checking and hope you hit the right days.

I have checked 5 local walmarts in central MO, no caps to be found, most telling me they haven't came in yet one saying they won't put them out until close to muzzleloader season.

It's a bummer, plus you like me get to hunt Oct. 11-13 antlerless with M L's if you want. Do you need some caps ?
I got enough to get me by I will keep check. My job has me traveling past these 5 store atleast once per week I will catch some one of these days. I can always grab some at the local gun shop for $13 if I need to.

I got some #10 CCI at Powder Valley online. They sell them by the 100 for $12. Add Hazmat and shipping and they are $15.

And yet Walmart is selling them in a bricks and mortar store for less than half that. Go figure. Is it markup, or just that Walmart is the big gorilla?

Muzzle-loaders.com has CCI #11 for $15 per hundred.

Back