• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HELP! Prussian Blue in wife's carpet!`

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I reached out to the manufacturer, Permetex. They got back to me and said "... you can carefully try acetone". Not a very positive answer, but will try it.
Test it in a place that you'll never see. A corner. A closet. Under a piece of furniture.

Make sure it won't melt the carpet fibers or pull out the color of the fibers.

Acetone is very powerful stuff.

Serious this time. Many years ago I worked for a company called "Service Master". If their chemicals could not get a stain out of carpet, it couldn't be done. I recall one chemical we used for ink which worked like magic. Don't know if they have a franchise in your area. Back then estimates were free.

I was a little ornery when I was younger, my dad said "Son, marry a woman who is cute when she is mad, because I have a feeling your gonna make her mad often".

Dawn dish soap or simple green has removed a lot of stains for me over the years. When I worked for the car dealership, if we had stubborn stains in the carpet we would use spray paint and brush it into the carpet. Worked pretty well.

Good luck!

Jerrow's Inletting Black on a carpet , is easily passed off as automobile residue , and easier to remove with common solvents. No pain , been married 56 yrs. to an RN that when younger could see w/Xray vision everything on HER carpets , even after I had cleaned it up. Once I realized I was to blame for everything from foreign wars to a few spots on a carpet , things went OK.

I can't figure how acetone would help...I don't think the pigments will react at all to acetone. The suggestion of lye sounds more plausible to me. Hopefully the OP reports back with good news.

Someone early on in the thread suggested calling a carpet installation outfit. An acquaintance had a rug repaired with a patch swap after an ugly incident with a stogie that his FIL knocked on the new rug that burned a nice hole in it. The rug installer is likely the answer you are looking for. The solutions to your problem coming from a traditional muzzleloading forum are not going to cut it, and will likely make things worse. Stop before you make the problem worse and call the professionals.

She will glance at that spot everyday and not remember you fondly, my best advise would be a new carpet.

Attachments

• B77B8ABE-4E5E-484A-9E25-DC3089A47B92.jpeg
    B77B8ABE-4E5E-484A-9E25-DC3089A47B92.jpeg
    111.3 KB
I use it daily at work. We use carb cleaner. Don't think that would be good on your carpet.

You're not gonna get it out. Anything that will dissolve Purssian Blue will also dissolve synthetic carpet fibers. If it is a natural wool product, it is even worse... again you wont get it out. Beg forgiveness and devote the income tax return to replacing the carpet... or call a professional, pay the fee and still not have the stain gone. Throw rug is probably the best inexpensive procedure.

Either way, dude, you are a dead man. In your next life, go to your man cave if you want to use things like that. Man caves should not have carpeting.

HURRAY FOR THE WIFE!

Was gonna suggest hair spray (Aqua net). Its what we used when I was a printer at the newspapr and it got tough ink stains out most the time. As per above Service Master and their competetion (they suck here) can get out ALOT of stuff.

You're not gonna get it out. Anything that will dissolve Purssian Blue will also dissolve synthetic carpet fibers. If it is a natural wool product, it is even worse... again you wont get it out. Beg forgiveness and devote the income tax return to replacing the carpet... or call a professional, pay the fee and still not have the stain gone. Throw rug is probably the best inexpensive procedure.

Either way, dude, you are a dead man. In your next life, go to your man cave if you want to use things like that. Man caves should not have carpeting.
The stain is out, need to read the OP's post.

The stuff called goof off. Has always done the trick for me. Try on a hidden surface first.

Back