• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HELP! Prussian Blue in wife's carpet!`

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did not know where to post this so, I thought this would be the most logical.

Somehow, I was building a gun and using prussian blue for inletting purposes, and tracked a couple spots into the carpet.

Has anyone a good method of removing this? Need your help.
I want to apologize for a very poor response I made earlier. I posted that Sodioum Hydroxide will remove prusian blue, but my pea head didn't even think about what it would do to the carpet. After a heads ups from GREENSWLDE I finally got my head out of a very dark smelly area. Sorry!
I Goggled again:

Also known as sodium hydroxide, this caustic substance is far from being an ideal carpet cleaner. Even though companies that use lye for carpet cleaning don't use it in large enough amounts to create any type of health hazard, it can lead to carpet damage.
Larry

i would recommend that you "take it like a man."

"Honey, I'm really sorry that i stained your carpet, and the guy will come out to measure it for replacement in a few says. Do you want to go with the same color?"
no cute excuses, flowers or chocolate assortments is going to fix this.

No, but a few drops of nail polish remover did (di)solve it several pages ago.
And would you seriously replace an entire carpet for a couple of blue spots?

Fixed back on page 2. Will this never end? Appreciate the helpful suggestions, but it is resolved.
I tried to tell ya, 😆

No it will never end.

As someone else pointed out earlier, many people don't read the other posts, they are in too much a of rush for their opinion/voice to be heard.

I'm surprised no one suggested the "wombat tallo treatment."
But, as you said,,, the problem is solved.....

Back