• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How we've grown

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maynerd62411

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I was just thinking, :nono: I know, very dangerous,[url] but....in[/url] the last year, we've grown from under 1000 members to over 4300 members. :thumbsup:
There are ALOT more catagories than a year ago, also. :thumbsup:
I just wanna say, THANK YOU, for the best web site , anywhere. :hatsoff: :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Claude and the guy in your mirror. There is no Forum without "U".

Now I gotta look in the mirror????? I gotta face only a mother could love!

i joined jan of 04 and was member number 483 then....now with over 4300 members that makes 3800 members in 18 months....and claude is number 4 and joined 2/99 so fer 4 years when i joined and i'm member 483....that makes less then 500 in 4 years....so i think we've gotting just a bit bigger................bob

.and claude is number 4 and joined 2/99

number 4 ?????? Who are/was the first 3 ???

And Who did Claude talk to for the next 16 months till number 5 joined :hmm:
Lehigh..

I was just thinking, :nono: I know, very dangerous,[url] but....in[/url] the last year, we've grown from under 1000 members to over 4300 members. :thumbsup:
There are ALOT more catagories than a year ago, also. :thumbsup:
I just wanna say, THANK YOU, for the best web site , anywhere. :hatsoff: :applause:

Without question this has become the best muzzleloading forum on the Internet out of the couple dozen I'm aware of!!

But we certainly don't have 4300 people posting...must be a lot of 'lurkers'...

Last edited by a moderator:
.and claude is number 4 and joined 2/99

number 4 ?????? Who are/was the first 3 ???

Test members, when Claude first tested the system he set up three test members, they have been deactivated but the system can't re-issue member numbers...

So Claude became the first true member... (issued number 4)

And Who did Claude talk to for the next 16 months till number 5 joined :hmm:
Lehigh..

It was a lonely place in the wee hours of the Muzzleloading Forum, I came to be member #93...

Once the word was out (a strategically placed ad in Muzzle Blast magazine), we took off like house-a-fire...

From an earlier thread on how it all began:

In the beginning there was Claude. And Claude was alone. And in a California garage did two nerds solder and byte, and outforth sprung an Apple. And it was good. But uses it had few. For a score of years did Claude byte the Apple but it bore no fruit. And did to Claude a lightbulb illuminate from on high and did his passion for blackpowder and reenacting come forth and he said: "Upon the face of this internet shall I place my server and the host of like minds shall I be."

And it was good.

But alone did Claude again find himself, as did visitations come but infrequently. And he smote the Apple with his ramrod and did Musketman appear in full garb and with multitudes of posts did he populate the ether.

And it was good.

And did tg, and NoPowder, and Plains 99, and Roundball, and Ohio Joe, and Zonie enter the fertile lands from the land of Nod and did produce, but a sleep was upon them.

And then did Stumpkiller do a web search and fall under the shadow of Claude, and into hades was he cast with smokes of great fire and stench of brimstone.

And it was good.

And did then Liver-eatin Johnson, and Squirrelsaures Rex, and Maxiball (who was cast from the garden) and Snake Eyes 1000 (our 1000th member), and
multitudes of the lost children who journey aimlessly but arrive in numbers daily and are embraced.

And it was good.

And now we have Gary, and Cookie, and Claypipe

But we certainly don't have 4300 people posting...must be a lot of 'lurkers'...

It would be a challenge to moderate 4300+ members posting daily, but we're up for that challenge... :D

Yes, many members lurk, some just jump right in...

Others have move on, but their number remains, quietly awaiting their return...

Did those test members shoot cappers or flint? :hmm:

Inlines... :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Oh, that's going to cost me...

OK, who's the wise guy that hacked into my computer and posted that answer? :nono:

Twern't me, that's for sure...

I just went and checked...was shocked to see that I joined in May'2003...seems like it was just a few months ago...and I'm still talking...maybe better start lurking myself!!

Thanks to Claude and the guy in your mirror. There is no Forum without "U".

Now I gotta look in the mirror????? I gotta face only a mother could love!

For some reason I was expectin' Musketman to post a picture of Baby Blahman with his mommy! :crackup: :crackup:

Well Ladies and Gents...I for one am very grateful for this place. It is indeed a oasis in a vast dessert of modernity and chaos. Yeah...I know..some of my posts of late might have appeared rather acidic..but that was in response to other postings. This forum we have is in my opinion the best to be had. Claude....well done! Well done indeed Sir!

Back