• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

India Barrel Failure

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WE can disagree, I have short started and NEVER had that happen, Not even so much as a "Bulged Barrel" I am saying it TAKES more than that to cause that kind of destruction. Either bad photo shop, or someone deliberately packed the barrel with an obstruction. even barrel brittleness energy takes the path of least resistance ball and patch are the weakest point. Just Science

Tinfoil is on sale i see

We should note that the original post quotes from a reputable source and that weeding out dangerous weaknesses is what official proof testing is supposed to do and, in this case it worked. Proof houses all have many failures amongst all the arms sent for testing across all types. That there was a failure is not a guide to the quality of the type of arm but of the individual one that failed. It is not a batch testing system but a universal one whereby every arm is individually tested under controlled conditions.

Thus we can see that it was properly tested and it did fail. However that is why they are proof tested and hence I say that it worked as intended. Weakness found before sale.

Barrels made on the latest machines from major manufacturers using chosen new steel for everything from small pistols to powerful modern rifles are also known to occasionally fail, including some very expensive ones.

That there was a failure is not a guide to the quality of the type of arm but of the individual one that failed. It is not a batch testing system but a universal one whereby every arm is individually tested under controlled conditions.
One failed regardless of how, why ect. Using this failure to condem quality on another companies products or an entire nation's products is wrong.

One failed regardless of how, why ect. Using this failure to condem quality on another companies products or an entire nation's products is wrong.

Mike, where exactly does RAEWALD say all Indian made barrels are condemed? … I get that you’re fearful that they could be condemned if proof laws were ever introduced into the USA, but that’s not the case so Quite spreading fake news

I don’t see how it’s suspicious, the gun was sold in a transaction for it to sell it needed to be proofed tested, as it wasn’t. That’s their laws, not ours. Consequently a failed proof test could have an effect on the Indian gun economy in Europe for sure, but again, that’s their laws, not ours.
Are you sure they proof EACH barrel? They'd have to have a proofing line that included guys cleaning each one individually after shooting, for corrosion prevention.

Whose cooking what books? What government ? This entire forum thread is about a CIP proof test in the republic of Hungary, not the USA. The USA has no proofing laws, your preconceived theory idea doesn’t hold much water here for the fella who wants to purchase a veteran arms musket or a loyalist arms musket, they’re free to do so no matter how many explode.
Very few indeed 'explode'. They've been selling these things for decades, and no legitimate law suit has ever closed down any of the importers or sellers, not that I would be privy to that information.

Mike, where exactly does RAEWALD say all Indian made barrels are condemed? … I get that you’re fearful that they could be condemned if proof laws were ever introduced into the USA, but that’s not the case so Quite spreading fake news
Why quote me then call me mike? You are correct that nobody has actually said all were condemned. However, you and others have implied that. Perhaps you and others should change your approach if that is not what you are implying as people can get the wrong impression.

Are you sure they proof EACH barrel? They'd have to have a proofing line that included guys cleaning each one individually after shooting, for corrosion prevention.

I believe the CIP system recognizes proofing methods of member states and yes i’m pretty sure, you can’t get a barrel out of Europe without it being proofed, try ordering a Pedersoli replacement, it will cost you around $900 bucks before its shipped.

Why quote me then call me mike? You are correct that nobody has actually said all were condemned. However, you and others have implied that. Perhaps you and others should change your approach if that is not what you are implying as people can get the wrong impression.

implications… that’s a deepfake Mike. You’re spreading false information with the intent of leading other’s into arguments. But you keep up your anonymity and hide behind that screen name.

Dude you really need to learn to read. The British ruled India and had those laws in place so the people of India couldn't build firearms that could be used against them. This was the law in every British Colony. People are now just being Stupid over the Indian muskets. If you don't like them fine. Many of us have them and they are just as good as any Muzzleloader. A musket is a musket and if you desire to pay almost 1500.00 for one of Pedersoli muskets feel free. My 600.00 muskets are proven.

sigh

Attachments

• 235445-impalla-eating-popcorn.gif
    235445-impalla-eating-popcorn.gif
    255.3 KB · Views: 0
Hasn't this been beaten to death by now. Those that are fine with muzzleloaders made in india are still going to be fine with them - myself included (depending upon the importer) and are not going to change their minds

Those that are not fine with them are not going to change their minds either.

This has all become is a shouting match with little value other than to make fools of all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back