• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just about fed up…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This idea is not too popular amongst some folks. But I had this same problem with a CVA or two and a Traditions in the past. I know, a little different breech design. I took the nipples out and used a drill bit just above the size of the existing hole and drilled the nipples out. Never had another problem with these guns. I think in these instances the replacement nipples I had purchased weren't properly drilled.

Edit: I was referring to drilling out the tiny hole in the bottom of the nipple, not the larger opening in the top...
I do that with all my nipples on my percussion guns, going up to about a .031 and that has solved all the problems with misfires using 777 or pyrodex.

? if you drop a powder load down bore & hand slap powder over under nipple. Pull nipple & look to see if you actually have powder there. I knew a man whom was at the rifle range one day. He was have bad time with his ignition. Turns out the was a cleaning patch down in the BP area causing the problem.

? if you drop a powder load down bore & hand slap powder over under nipple. Pull nipple & look to see if you actually have powder there. I knew a man whom was at the rifle range one day. He was have bad time with his ignition. Turns out the was a cleaning patch down in the BP area causing the problem.
"So that's where that went" 🤔🤣

Back