• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Colonial Trigger Install?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I finally had the time to set all of the pieces and parts of my KIbler Colonial kit and the instructions to ensure I understood what goes where. And then, I got to the part about pinning the trigger by inserting the wire through the hole in the stock. Well, I can't find a drilled hole in the stock to save my life. ***SIGH*** What am I missing here? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Okay, but where in the lock mortise? Attached are two pictures, and I can't find a hole where I would expect to have one...

Attachments

• Kibler 2.jpg
    Kibler 2.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Kibler 1.jpg
    Kibler 1.jpg
    996 KB · Views: 0
Sometimes there is a tiny film of wood that covers the exit of the hole in the lock mortice. Just tap a pin from the hole in the sideplate side through and you see the pin pop out. I need to deepen this drilled hole by a touch.

Sometimes there is a tiny film of wood that covers the exit of the hole in the lock mortice. Just tap a pin from the hole in the sideplate side through and you see the pin pop out. I need to deepen this drilled hole by a touch.
Okay, I see the hole. What size is it supposed to be? The hole in the trigger looks to be 40 thou or so…. The instructions aren’t very clear about how the pin is fitted though the trigger… is there some sort of secret sauce I’m missing??

Shine a bright light toward the side of the stock, from the opposite side of the stock, where you are standing. Line up the hole in the trigger with the hole in the stock, and insert a paperclip, with one leg straightened, into the hole from the side you are standing, to hold the trigger in place while you line up and insert the .062 pin from the opposite side. The trigger pin will push out the paperclip as it is gently driven in place. It can also help to slightly taper the end of the trigger pin being inserted into the stock.

Latest posts

Back