• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

leavng it loaded

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REAL black powder, if dry will explode after it's been loaded 100+ YEARS, let-alone a few days or weeks!

As an experiment I kept a Colt revolver loaded from mid-April until the first weekend in this month, and the result: ALL CHAMBERS FIRED!

Keep it dry and it will go BANG, lol!

Dave

smokin .50 said:
REAL black powder, if dry will explode after it's been loaded 100+ YEARS, let-alone a few days or weeks!

As an experiment I kept a Colt revolver loaded from mid-April until the first weekend in this month, and the result: ALL CHAMBERS FIRED!

Keep it dry and it will go BANG, lol!

Dave
My Great Granpa passed away in 1981 and left behind a metal container labeled " REAL BLACK POWDER".. we recently found it while cleaning out the garage for my ( his son) Granpa, well anyhow Gramps gave it to me..not sure of the age but it sure does make good smoke! On another note; I leave my Hawken rifle loaded during my one week Ohio gun season( normally the last week of Nov. but this year the first week of Dec.), if I see no deer it stays loaded till I go out again In January for M'Ling season. I use Olive oil for lube and never any rust issues and always goes bang!

Back