• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a Builder or Recommendations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SorStudent23

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Long time reader, finally taking the plunge into muzzleloading. I’m trying to pick up my first gun, particularly interested in a Fowler or a Hawken. I’ve seen several kits from Kibler, Chambers, Hawken shop etc., but the problem is I’m not really handy in any capacity. Is there anyone who offers finished guns for decent (under $2500) prices or is able to finish kits for pay! I’m out in California so the closer the better.

Any help much appreciated!
Tristan

Last edited:
olskool on here builds a lot of Kibler kits and sells them in the classifieds. I'm sure he'd build you one.

Long time reader, finally taking the plunge into muzzleloading. I’m trying to pick up my first gun, particularly interested in a Fowler or a Hawken. I’ve seen several kits from Kibler, Chambers, Hawken shop etc., but the problem is I’m not really handy in any capacity. Is there anyone who offers finished guns for decent (under $2500) prices or is able to finish kits for pay! I’m out in California so the closer the better.

Any help much appreciated!
Tristan
Kibler's kits are so good that they almost assemble themselves! Get one and you will be very happy.

The Kibler Woodsrunner comes assembled. It is mainly a metal polishing job with some light wood sanding and finish. Hard to make a mistake. However, if you can get one for $200 over cost, it wouldn't be a bad deal. I sold mine for cost. I just wanted to see what the kits were like.

Take EC121 Advice the Woodsrunner from Kibler is as easy as it gets. My 8 year old grandson put one together with a minimal amount of advice. They are a fantastic kit and super accurate rifle.

I agree with the Kibler recommendations. But if you decide on a custom rifle I have two builders to highly recommend based on rifles they built for me.
The Emigs at Cabin Creek Muzzleloading and Rick Baker who goes by Colonial Riflesmith.
I don't know how far $2500 will go these days, but these guys will give you good value for every penny you spend.

Wayne has put LOTS of our kits together. Probably more than anyone else. He does a good job and sells them at a very fair price. I think it's safe to say that he's not doing it for the money, but all the other good reasons.
I don’t know Wayne from Peter Pan, but it always encourages me to see you chime in on a post!

Back