• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlocks from India

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off I didn't say I owned Indian made
firearms and secondly I wasn't assuming
I know that he's expensive from personal
experience by me and another! I believe
opinions are freely shared on this forum
unless this is your personal forum?
If you have $$$ to burn more power to
you,we all don't make BP oil exec saleries!

Rob :hmm:

:surrender:
Not sure you needed to respond 3 times. Apparently I touched a nerve. That was not my intent. Let's clear the air -

I was simply responding to what you wrote:
nkvd said:
Hello All

I heard that when buying JB ml's:

Buck = lots of $$$$$

And for some on this forum during our current "economic crisis" money seems to be no object!
nkvd said:
...and secondly I wasn't assuming
I know that he's expensive from personal
experience by me and another!
Your phrasing indicated no first hand knowledge of Buck's pricing. Based on that, I indicated that I had talked to him about making a particular gun, and that I found his prices reasonable. In fact, I've checked with numerous builders and parts suppliers around the world for pricing on a wheellock - Buck, TRS, Blackley, Armin Koenig, Loyalist, Taylor Anderson, Dale Shinn, raszpla (on here), and many others, and Buck's pricing, as I said before, was better than half what any of the others wanted. In fact it was on par with the parts kits offered from TRS (without assembled locks). For a custom made gun, I think his are very reasonably priced.

Perhaps your experiences with him are different, but my experience is in line with every other report I've heard. Please elaborate if there are more specifics you could offer to let people know why you feel his guns are "lots of $$$$$" ("lots of money" is a very nondescript phrase, so perhaps your definition of it would vary from mine, so feel free to describe what you mean).

Buck's quote for a cheek stocked wheellock was ~$1100 a few couple years ago. This price is roughly 2x the price of the only mass produced wheellock currently offered (the Indian made pistol offered by Loyalist for $630). Other custom makers were quoting roughly $3k to start for a wheellock cheek stock rifle. TRS offers a parts set for $825 ($1350 w/assembled lock).

Comparatively speaking, I fail to see how "Buck = lots of $$$$$," though as I said, I still don't own one (in fact, I don't own a gun from any of these makers), because to me it is a lot of money, though I wouldn't describe it as a lot of money for a wheellock - custom made or not.

nkvd said:
First off I didn't say I owned Indian made
firearms...
I never implied that you owned an Indian made gun. On the contrary, I implied I thought it great if you do, if that's what you decide is the best investment of your money.

nkvd said:
I believe
opinions are freely shared on this forum
unless this your personal forum?
Whoa! Where did I ever say you shouldn't share your opinion or claim this is my forum? I was responding to your post, which was completely contrary to everything I've experienced and heard, and therefore thought it merited a response, if for no other reason than to see if you could clarify your statements, which seemed completely based on heresay due to some unfortunate word choice. I do check this forum often to see if there's any subject matter that interests me, but I've never made claim to it at all. If anyone can claim to it, it's those that have contributed far more than I, and Claude, who rightfully owns it, as the owner of this site.

nkvd said:
If you have $$$ to burn more power to
you,we all don't make BP oil exec saleries!
For what it's worth, I have no where near an oil exec's income - probably earn significantly less than the median of the people on this board, in fact, but that's irrelevant. I wrote about value, not about income.

You get my applause for such an elaborate
dissection,I'm not here to debate with you
believe it or not I have a life! Oh wait you
are about to physco annilise my response,yes?
Obviously you seem very near & dear to
mr. buck,it was not the position of this reverse
side to offend you. And oh course I don't what
your annual salary is as you thought my
comments were towards you specifically
but I'm sure that some on this forum do
probably make exec cash,if you don't as
you stated I am truly sorry for that! Ah
and before I forget,here is my before mentioned
applause for you! Good show ol boy......
D :applause:

Rob

Since you haven't provided any, I take it that you don't have any reasoning behind your claims, then? Fair enough.

Though it may seem so, I'm not trying to debate anything. Frankly, you've provided nothing to debate, and this isn't the forum for it. I do, however like debates, but not when the other party isn't up to it.

My only experience with Mr. Buck was 1 or 2 phone calls a few years ago to discuss the possibility of building the aforementioned gun. That's not what I consider near and dear, and I make no claims to be near and dear to any builder, or anyone on this board for that matter, though I do consider a handful of them to be internet friends.

I've said all I can on that matter.

Thank you for the applause, though I didn't participate in this discussion for your amusement. :v

Latest posts

Back