• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My New Smooth Bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mossback

Big Bores Matter
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. Been super busy. But not so busy that I couldn't pay off my layaway. Let me introduce you to my leetle friend...a TC Hawken Renegade .56cal Smooth Bore. I'm flirting with switching out the stock for an original look like my TC 28" .54cal on top.

Attachments

• IMG_20240627_110012933.jpg
    IMG_20240627_110012933.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. Been super busy. But not so busy that I couldn't pay off my layaway. Let me introduce you to my leetle friend...a TC Hawken Renegade .56cal Smooth Bore. I'm flirting with switching out the stock for an original look like my TC 28" .54cal on top.
That's cool! I'm looking out for a smoothie barrel to fit my Renegade.

You Can get the stock you desire from Pecatonica. Unlike most of their "kit" stocks, they are fully and precisely inletted for the TC Renegade/Hawken parts. They only take the set triggers and related trigger guard but that's what you have.

http://longrifles-pr.com/thompsoncenter.shtml

Nice know you gotta show us how it shoots ,we like pictures .

Don't understand why you want to change the stock; it looks like real nice wood. The .56 smoothie is becoming more of a collector, rarity.

The TC stock has more drop than the renegade. I tried 3 different renegade stocks and all were very difficult to get down on the sights. Made to cater to the scope users.

The TC stock has more drop than the renegade. I tried 3 different renegade stocks and all were very difficult to get down on the sights. Made to cater to the scope users.
I disagree I have a 54 renegade and it fits me well. However the straighter stock does kick a little more. The barrel is shorter than a hawken so I Don't know that the barrel key would line up. The straighter stock would be more in line with modern shot gun geometry

I disagree I have a 54 renegade and it fits me well. However the straighter stock does kick a little more. The barrel is shorter than a hawken so I Don't know that the barrel key would line up. The straighter stock would be more in line with modern shot gun geometry
I do think the geometry of the renegade stocks changed over time. Driven by the growing popularity of scopes. All of my renegade stocks had so little drop that I couldn't get down on the standard renegade sights.

Any renegade Barrel will drop into a tc Hawken with the 1" barrel channel with perfect alignment of the key. I've done it with several 1" Hawken stocks. The 1" tc Hawken barrels will also fit the renegade stocks.

In fact, back in the good old days when TC had local authorized warranty smith's I dropped my TC Hawken out of a tree stand and broke the stock through the wrist. The local Smith couldn't replace it immediately but he had a 1" TC Hawken stock and gave it to me to use. I shimmed the 15/16 barrel in three places with thin cardboard, checked the zero and went back to hunting.

Latest posts

Back