• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oxidation on roundballs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell the wife that if you don’t go out & shoot more, this white powder will form & you could die!!
So to save your life & hers your off to go deer hunting
:grin:

I can't see the issue with oxide on lead balls , are you guys worried that what you shoot might get lead poisioning or something :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Barney Fife ALWAYS kept a well polished bullet. That should set an example for us all!

Folks who are worried about that white lead oxide could spray their roundballs with a light coating of oil to prevent it.

If asked about this, Barney Fife would say,

"You've got to nip it in the bud! "

:rotf:

why are we worried about a thin coat of lead oxidation any ways?

Is Bambi or Bullwinkle going to get lead poisioning and get sick before he bleeds out?
:grin:

I would hope that most of us are not smoking while handleing our guns, and I would like to think most of us are smart enough to wash hands after shooting.

shocked.gif

Wash our hands??!!

WASH OUR HANDS????

Ah thin she dusn't unnerstan' that wood warsh off all o them yar's o' proteekshun ah gots bilt up on um.

No tillin what sort o' deezeese mite start knawin' on my skin witout ma proteekshun. :)

That's alright as long as you don't get exposure from soap. :grin:

Surface oxide on lead ball is a NON ISSUE, chillun. Worrying about it is like worrying about some land you bought because it has dirt on it. Sheesh!

Latest posts

Back