• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA flinters!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be there on Monday threw Friday can't make the opening day,seem the weaher report may hold some guys back,they are calling for rain again :redthumb:

I have my neighbor dragging up his bow...says showers won't hurt that. I bought a diamond file & sharpened the T/C flint. The renegade is bore buttered, Fri I'm leaving work early if I can...Got some loin marnating for the crock pot while we're hunting...Did I say I'm ready? Almost finished packing...

:m2c:

Doesn't look like I'll make it out until rifle season :boohoo:, but good luck and happy hunting. :front:

Yep, the rb's are checked for weight and roundness. My cut patches are set aside, ready for the moose snot. A new Tom Fuller flint has been picked. My mocs have that extra coating of melted beeswax. PC clothes are laid out after they were tried on many, many times... My .62cal TVM fowler will be shot one more time before Saturday, then cleaned and oiled. Now, what's this talk about rain?

Thanks, WildatHeart! My son and I will certainly be out there. I've re-coated the calf's knee just in case the forecast is accurate. We'll hunt the first four days. He'll spend most of his time in his tree stand, and I'll be still hunting in big circles around him. It has worked in the past for both of us. He still hunts like a jack rabbit and I can't sit for more than an hour. Good luck to all, and have a safe hunt. :thumbsup:

I'll be out from Sat (except Sun) till Sat come h- or high water. Flintlock or bow depending on how high the water is :winking: Wish ya all luck. BJH

I'm missin' the opener Sat. (due to a death in the family I have to travel to NJ for the memorial service) but I'm taking Monday off and the weather's supposed to be great - I can't wait! :thumbsup:

Godspeed everyone! - hope to hear lots of good stories next week!
:hatsoff:

Maestro sorry to here of your loss . I'll be out Sat hopefully the weather will hold but if not it wont be the first time I hunted in the rain I'll be out next week too not every day but i should be able to slip out for a few hrs at a time

I'll be out Saturday and then next week Weds. thru Sat. Good luck to all of you and lets be safe out there! Hope to hear some good stories throughout the week.

Doug

Have'nt posted for a while, thought I'd check in. Saw a buck this morning about 9 o'clock, I wish we could shoot one. I'm in Armstrong co.

Latest posts

Back