• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Primative / traditional

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Ridley Creek SP is loaded with deer, and the DCNR holds annual permit hunts there. You can read about the ensuing circus here.[url] http://query.nytimes.com/gst/...63948260&sec=health&spon=&pagewanted=all[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I drive throug that park 2 times a day to get to and from work. The underbrush has all been stripped and a lot of the deer look small and not too well. That deer population is going to crash and there will be a mess. The fox population there is out of control because all the deer that are killed on the roads are dragged int to "woods" and the foxes just have dinner - lunch and what not served. Meals, provided by wheeles; so to spaek.

im going out i got a 6 point in bow season and no doe in rifle so ill be out in primitive with the flinter gain. My dad is gonna try to film it he already got a doe and a 8 point so ill be out for doe fer sure

I used my PA buck tag with the rifle but have doe tags left for 5C and 4C. Anyone wanting to get together in 4C between Christmass and New Years give me a holler...I've got some spots :wink:

Beg to differ STD. From the PGC website...
Game Commission recognized the contributions that made possible the purchase of a 35-acre parcel on Second Mountain in Middle Paxton Township, Dauphin County. The parcel now is part of State Game Land 211, which currently consists of 44,342 acres.
Check it out - hard to mis 44,000 acres.
Finnwolf

Heck...I can get lost in my house so it's easy for me to miss 44,000 acres :rotf: . I missed it I guess when I looked it up on the pgc game lands map site. :surrender: Anyway...I hunt 205 some in 4C and occassionally the blue mountain along with a couple private spots. Dauphin county is not in 4C to the best of my knowledge.

We'll be out in 3b, 4E, Francis Slocum SP and Ricketts Glenn SP...got a DMAP permit for Ricketts. Should be nice with some snow on the ground and it being nice and quiet for almost 3 weeks. Been seeing a lot of deer along the roads again.

Yeah I can't wait either. What do we have like 6 days and counting? I have a doe tag left for 1B.

Dauphin Co. is divided up by three different WMU's. The middle section is in 4C. We like it because its' large size allows us to get a couple miles from the parking lot.

Mtn. Rifle

I'll be prowling the Allegheny Ridge in Lycoming County with a 50 cal York longrifle . Good opportunity to walk off some of the massive holiday calorie infusion.
Good luck comrades!!

I envy you guys for having a true primitive arms season. I may have to come and visit in 2008 :hmm: :hmm:

Dan

On the 26th we're going to start out in a friends apple orchard. I stopped by to visit the other day and he said he saw a 8 point and 6 point running in the orchard that morning. Took a little walk and saw LOTS of sign! Should be fun!

I am going to try and get out the three saturdays in 4E. This comming Sat, I am going to have to sight in since I just finished building my flintlock last Thursday, and this was a hectic weekend to try to get to the range. If all goes well sat am, then I will hit the woods right afterwards. ( I hunt out behind my range )

Best of luck to all you fellow Pennsylvanians chompin' at the bit for our special late season to start. I'll be out there with my son and grandson. The grandson filled his first ever tag during the early muzzleloader season, but Dad and Grandpa have ample tags for more family venison.

There is plenty of room during this late season for those of you flintlockers outside of Pennsylvania. I think the Game Commission sold around 200,000 muzzleloader stamps this season, and many of those were for inline shooters hunting the early season. So, if you want a primitive hunt, plan on Pa. after Christmas, in 2008. :thumbsup:

Very close.. About 2 miles south of there in Muhlenburg.. Good luck to you as well.

I've been wanting to hunt PA for a couple years now in the late season. I bowhunted pretty hard a couple years ago, south of Sherman/Clymer NY. I had such a good flintlock hunt/first flintlock deer here in NY last weekend that dad told me to retire the rifle though :grin:

We hunt Erie Co but I have to work until 2pm the first three days. From 2:30 till dark we'll give it a go. On Saturday I'll give it an all dayer.
White Mountain, we hunt NY right in the Clymer area also. Good deer country. Well fed.

snagg

Back