• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Rocky Mountains Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooner54 said:
Howdy Kirrmeister,
If I didn't build Hawken rifles myself I would buy a Pedersoli Hawken. They are nice looking rifles and are darn close to what a Hawken should look like. It ain't perfect but it'll do.
Good luck with yours and let us know how she shoots.

Don't let the long winded lawyers scare you to death. :rotf: I suspect you are old enough to read a safety manual without me coaching you.
:thumbsup: :hatsoff:
Wood ramrods have been the way to go for many years. I think Daniel Boone used them with much success and so did Bridger and Carson.
:rotf:

I've been using hickory ramrods for half a century now. Admittedly they have been very carefully chosen so as to avoid grain runout, but I have never broken a rod yet. Equally important as proper grain orientation is proper use of the stick. Our forefathers used wooden rammers for a long time and even when metal rods became available they stuck by the old and trusted hickory rods. Like that old time religion, it's good enough for me! :thumbsup:

Back