• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PHOTOS: 10 Pointer + .58cal Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
From a 12ft treestand, 40-50yds away, into the point of his right front shoulder down through his heart, sprinted 25yds and piled up...load was:

100grns Goex FFg (2F)
Oxyoke wonderwad
.018" TC pillow ticking
Hornady .570

173035110PtBuckwith.58calFlintlock1000Pixels.JPG

173035210PtBuckwith.58calandMe-1000Pixels.JPG

Don't know...I give them to needy families out in the general area where I hunt...probably haven't dressed out a deer in 10yrs now.

I believe he was the second heaviest deer I've ever taken...was all I could do to drag him 25yds at a time and rest...couldn't pull him with one arm, had to use both hands and back out!

I know folks tend to over-estimate the weight of deer and even with that in mind I think he was around a couple hundred pounds...a heavy, thick bodied deer.

But it was the kind of huffing & puffing that you don't mind doing every fall!
:thumbsup:

Nice deer Roundball - How did you get him to hold his head up like that? Looked like he could have used another shot :) GC

I was able to wedge the left antler into the bark of that tree just enough to hold it up

Claude said:
guncobbler said:
Nice deer Roundball - How did you get him to hold his head up like that?

He's not really dead. Roundball gets this same deer to pose every year for a photo. :winking:

Yeah...it's one digital photo I started with years ago...I just air-brush on a couple points each year!

(like I air-brush a couple pounds on myself each year!)

:rotf:

Nice deer Roundball.. congratulations of the deer and nice pictures. Those .58 calibers are an great rifle.. :thumbsup:

Great deer,Feels good to here that us hunters are still looking out for others. Some in my family don't like deer so much so I give most of mine away to hunters feeding the hungry.

Really nice buck ya got there! That .58 anchored him good. Do you keep the antlers and just donate the meat?

Britches

I cut out the skull plate w/antlers attached and nail them to a sheet of plywood up on a wall in the garage...sort of a poor man's mount
:g

Roundball - A 10 point with a flintlock? That's AWESOME! :hatsoff: Would of replied sooner, but had to run in and bring my wife and daughter out to the office to show them your photos :g

Back