• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
Alot of people who are interested in firearms have prior military experience. Who falls into that category?

USAF

Jet engine mechanic...

J79-GE-15A turbojet engine

j79.jpg

2 years in the army infantry and 10 years in the air force as a security police officer. :thumbsup: :redthumb:

nearly 4 years active duty (1968-71), US Army, infantry and intelligence mos. Plus 4 years ROTC (Penn State) and 2 years reserves. But it was my grandfather and father that got me interested in guns and hunting. My dad also was an FBI Agent, and every day he strapped on a revolver and went to work--so I was raised around guns. He also loved history and got me interested in it. Most of my reading material is history.

US Army for 8 1/2 years, Aug 63 to Feb 72. Was in tanks the whole time and spent 1969 in Vietnam. Spent another 26 yrs 2 mos in the US Postal Service.

Hey Old Salt,

Was ET3 on USS Inchon, got out in '85. She was in drydock in Philly when I left. She was an LPH then, later converted to MCS. Here is the latest update from http://www.ussinchon.com/

072032Z DEC 04 / PEO SHIPS WASHINGTON DC / SINKEX REPORT, EX-INCHON

A. NAME OF VESSEL: EX-INCHON (MCS-12)
B. DATE AND TIME OF SINKING: 050955ZDEC04
C. LOCATION; 36:42.30N/71:40.00W
D. WATER DEPTH AT SINKEX LOCATION: 2150 FATHOMS
E. WATER TEMPERATURE: 65.3F
F. DISTANCE FROM LAND: 207NM EAST OF VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
G. VESSEL DISPLACEMENT: 14,152 TONS
H. VESSEL LENGTH: 598FT

Army Infantry '82 -'86
1st Armored Divison, 1st Bn 51st Inf, FRG
24th Infantry Division, 3rd Bn 19th Inf, Ft. Stewart, GA.

I was fortunate to serve under Stormin' Norman Schwartzkopf and got to shoot trap with him, one on one! Helluva man!
Rick

Does 22 years as a Navy Officers' Brat count for anything? Trained by my father in weapons and outdoor camps.
:what: :m2c:

4 years in th Navy as an EN3/DV1,73-77.Was in the USCG/R for 6 years and then in the Merchant Marine for 12 years.Any guesses why I live in the Midwest now... :hmm:

Yeah, that counts. Families are "in" the military, too. :thumbsup:

Does 22 years as a Navy Officers' Brat count for anything? Trained by my father in weapons and outdoor camps.
:what: :m2c:

Two years indentured servitude in Army.The side trip to sunny Southeast Asia really added to the experience. :curse:

Hey Oldmaster, I can relate to that. Sounds like the same privilege I had. Started out at Cam Rahn Bay with 150 feet of white sand beach front. After 2 months went north to the Qhinon valley. Things deteriorated rapidly after that.
Wouldn't trade the experience for nothing. Ha :no:

U.S.N. 64-68 Ship fitter, damage control,, Ships company,, "R" division

Army Security Agency - 2yrs, 9 mos and 19 days. Didn't care for the army but took an overseas out and hitchhiked around Europe for 6 mos - that was fun and cost less than $500.

US Army 12B combat engineer(educated grunt)7 years 81-87 cold war vet and proud to. :thumbsup:

Back